Has interest not been accruing for a while now?

No, the premium payment (as they called it) on the Letham loan is just a flat £45,000 payable in cash or shares, whichever George Letham prefers.

It says in the opening article - which I have inadvertently given a thumbs-up - that Sandy Easdale and George Letham are due to be repaid.

This would tend to suggest that it hasn't happened yet.

yeah they don't have the required cash and just wanted publicity most likely.

They wouldn't try to mislead anyone. :rolleyes:

17th January 2014

EXCLUSIVE: Easdale brothers to plough £20m into Rangers

The Greenock businessmen, already significantly involved in the Ibrox club as shareholders and directors, are edging closer to selling their bus firm and are considering investing massively in the stricken League One leaders.

The brothers are already understood to have knocked back approaches for McGill’s Buses amid rumours that one £80m offer wasn’t enough and that they’re holding out for £100m.

If they succeed in getting a buyer at that price, the speculation is they will aim to increase their stake at Ibrox by investing about £20m.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/454576/EXCLUSIVE-Easdale-brothers-to-plough-20m-into-Rangers

That 80M offer 'rumour' was later proved to be pure make believe just as the huge investment into Rangers.

Toxic earning his corn by misleading.

Think Toxic, McMurdo, 50M Blue Pitch investment, after qualifying for CL.

Note

Always leave a qualitative get-out, eg. "If they succeed in getting a buyer at that price" / "after qualifying for CL"

It says in the opening article - which I have inadvertently given a thumbs-up - that Sandy Easdale and George Letham are due to be repaid.

This would tend to suggest that it hasn't happened yet.

Oops, I missed that part! :whistle:

I wonder what would happen with the car park ownership if the Letham loan is defaulted and he's not willing to renegotiate new terms? I remember it was discussed on here back in March or whatever, but can't remember what the consensus was.

Oops, I missed that part! :whistle:

I wonder what would happen with the car park ownership if the Letham loan is defaulted and he's not willing to renegotiate new terms? I remember it was discussed on here back in March or whatever, but can't remember what the consensus was.

They would seem to have him over a barrel unless he was willing to push hard for timely repayment, even if it meant the club having to sell the corresponding secured asset.

Would be a convenient way for the sp.ivs to head towards an insolvency event regards 'finger of blame'.

They would seem to have him over a barrel unless he was willing to push hard for timely repayment, even if it meant the club having to sell the corresponding secured asset.

I'm guessing George Letham will want his £1m returned in cash, but would be happy to accept his £45,000 premium payment in shares.

I'm guessing George Letham will want his £1m returned in cash, but would be happy to accept his £45,000 premium payment in shares.

Maybe, but it might depend on how GL sees the coming months developing.

Maybe, but it might depend on how GL sees the coming months developing.

He'd need to be insane to accept his million quid paid back in shares that could be worth hee haw at the drop of a hat.