Unless you have a cunning plan, there is only one part of that scenario which can be influenced by the Rangers support. There is far too much obsessing done over them and their actions.

That's a touch bipolar ... again. And once more rather protective of the Scum.

I can't see banks touching us until we stop making losses and become a more stable club without ST boycotts and onerous contracts.

One scenario is that to safeguard their investment, the current board start balancing the books - although I think they will likely wait for promotion before attempting that. They would also have to raise an initial investment to accelerate us into becoming some sort of championship contenders. Their ability to do this is now becoming questionable and their track record suggests that any cash raised could come at a with a disproportionate price tag.

Another scenario is the Dave King one - should he be prepared to deliver what he has intimated. The problem is finding a scenario where he can take over without overly paying off the current shareholders which is something he seems very averse to. And he is also an unknown in how soundly he'd run the club and how well his co-investors may desire to be compensated, and indeed whether there is more than the revival of his club, that's in it for him. Successful businessmen don't like to lose their money when they can help it.

You'd have to hope that if the latter one panned out, it's because he's as wealthy as some think (in the £100ms) and at his age, creating a successful Rangers may be an interesting retirement project that is close to his heart. And would you prefer to go out as a successful businessman in SA with a bit of a question mark over your tax dealings, or the same as that - but also the guy who made a football club a force again, and a therefore a bit of a hero for many? For a guy possibly worth upwards of 200m then a soft £30m investment wouldn't be too much of a dent in his kids' inheritance, and done right, might even still be worth close to that when he's ready to take a back seat.

For many bears the latter might just be a dream but they also see it as perhaps the only option that can stop many years of coming second...

I think the current board can't succeed without the backing of the fans and that their main hope is to find one of their own to "lend" the club money to finish the season while gaining promotion and hoping that in itself will bring the fans back in numbers.

Bottomline is for every pound that goes into Rangers, a percentage of it will be sucked up into the trough where the benificiaries of the 'onerous contracts' and similar, all feed.....The club in part, is set-up and run to serve the interests of the pigs at the trough.

This is part of the 'trick'......don't fund the 'onerous contracts' = not funding the club and thus becomes the ultimate emotional blackmail.

This 'faultline' runs deep and doesn't appear to be sustainable or indeed compatible with funding the football operation at a level that could compete for the CL group stages (ie.real cash).

Reminds me of The Judas Blogger :merlin2: and his fairystories about Blue Pitch chipping in with up to 50M after Rangers make the CL again.

:facepalm:

Unless you have a cunning plan, there is only one part of that scenario which can be influenced by the Rangers support. There is far too much obsessing done over them and their actions.

There is a suspicion in some quarters that our current predicament was engineered, at least in part, by our city rivals. Maybe it was and maybe it wasn't, but the influence of the Rangerstaxcase website was considerable in forming a negative view on our club. It appeared to have an inside track on what was going on and several Celtic websites seemed better informed about Rangers matters than us.

This could not have happened the other way round. They hate Rangers and pore over every detail of our affairs. We dislike them but turn our noses up at the idea that we should look closely at the way they conduct their business.

I believe Rangers should have Celtic constantly under observation. It will do no harm but might help us to anticipate future problems before they get out of hand - and there will be more problems. You can bank on it.

Celtic is playing the game off the field as well as on it. Rangers is labouring to get by on the park and is a perennial dunce off it. We need to up our game, but of course I say that safe in the knowledge that we won't.

In Old Firm matters, one club is cute and politically aware and opportunistic - and the other club is Rangers.

Bottomline is for every pound that goes into Rangers, a percentage of it will be sucked up into the trough where the benificiaries of the 'onerous contracts' and similar, all feed.....The club in part, is set-up and run to serve the interests of the pigs at the trough.

This is part of the 'trick'......don't fund the 'onerous contracts' = not funding the club and thus becomes the ultimate emotional blackmail.

This 'faultline' runs deep and doesn't appear to be sustainable or indeed compatible with funding the football operation at a level that could compete for the CL group stages (ie.real cash).

I think we should be a lot more concerned about the Club's immediate future than worrying about competing for CL spots or group stage qualification at this point in time because if the boardroom absentees & their chums running the show don't sort out some very significant investment in the near future, then the Club will be in very serious trouble again well before the end of the season. Last season they needed to borrow cash in February, but that was with a starting point of over £10m in the bank at the end of June last year and very good season ticket sales. This season we're in big trouble if they don't manage to bring in major investment.

I think we should be a lot more concerned about the Club's immediate future than worrying about competing for CL spots or group stage qualification at this point in time because if the boardroom absentees & their chums running the show don't sort out some very significant investment in the near future, then the Club will be in very serious trouble again well before the end of the season. Last season they needed to borrow cash in February, but that was with a starting point of over £10m in the bank at the end of June last year and very good season ticket sales. This season we're in big trouble if they don't manage to bring in major investment.

I very much agree that the immediate present is what is important.

I used the CL qualification as an illustration rather than a serious projection.

Note 1.

The 120 day business review (known elsewhere as 'buying time and a pie-in-the-sky') stated the objective....

"Season 2016/17 - Target to be SPFL Premiership Champions and establishing the platform to be competitive in UEFA competition.

In financial terms, participation in UEFA competition via Europa League or Champions League, provides access to a prize fund that is a multiple of that available in the domestic game.

Rangers need to be playing in UEFA competition every season in order to obtain access to this substantial prize fund."

Note 2.

Regards the Pie in the sky, David Somers ate it and is looking for a restaurant that serves something more substantial, like a 'black hole'.

As Richard Wilson said the other day, 120 days after the 120 day review nothing is really happening regards acting upon review. The main issue being the lack of working capital for the season, never mind addressing infrastructure.

A Double Omnishambles (RIFC and TRFC) can't go on indefinately in this way.

Link for Business Review

http://www.rangers.co.uk/images/staticcontent/documents/RangersBusinessReview.pdf

As Richard Wilson said the other day, 120 days after the 120 day review nothing is really happening regards acting upon review. The main issue being the lack of working capital for the season, never mind addressing infrastructure.

There is absolutely no way we're getting anywhere near completing the season without a very substantial injection of cash.

I'd be extremely surprised if we could even get through to the end of January without it.

This board and the people they represent are running out of time very quickly indeed.

The auditors are unlikely to be happy with the accounts and that could start a chain reaction.

Personally, I'm starting to get very worried indeed.

There is absolutely no way we're getting anywhere near completing the season without a very substantial injection of cash.

I'd be extremely surprised if we could even get through to the end of January without it.

This board and the people they represent are running out of time very quickly indeed.

The auditors are unlikely to be happy with the accounts and that could start a chain reaction.

Personally, I'm starting to get very worried indeed.

I wouldn't be surprised if the sp.ivs put money in, secured on assets and then went about sucking as much of it out again as possible aswell as the positioning of assets.

I wouldn't be surprised if the sp.ivs put money in, secured on assets and then went about sucking as much of it out again as possible aswell as the positioning of assets.

What about the current secured Letham & Easdale loans? Have they been paid back yet?