Stop with the "sniff sniff". It is unbecoming of this forum.

Palatable or not, some will prefer a second insolvency event to rid us of the current boardroom incumbents. Doesn't make them any less of a Rangers fan than you or I.

Only a complete fool would wish a second insolvency event. It would leave us in the wilderness for years. Is that what you want?

We need to get back into the top division & back into Europe ASAP

The team will always come good, at least the hardened core of the forever follow follow brigade are continuing the support.

Remember the 'dark days' of the early eighties? Now that was a bad time regarding fans leaving in their droves. Entertainment and trophies weren't on the table at all, much like today, it's in the mindset, we'll be back in full force next season. :)

Only a complete fool would wish a second insolvency event. It would leave us in the wilderness for years. Is that what you want?

We do but you are going to be waiting a long time to see us in Europe again.

We do but you are going to be waiting a long time to see us in Europe again.

Assuming we're in the top division next season, a better manager would easily get us a Euro place. Easier said than done though as he seems determined to stick it out until he gets the heave-ho.

Did I say that was what I wanted ? Try reading what I typed, not what you want to see.

I was giving an explanation as to why some would want that - where did I say that I was one of such people ? Nowhere.

Did I say that was what I wanted ? Try reading what I typed, not what you want to see.

I was giving an explanation as to why some would want that - where did I say that I was one of such people ? Nowhere.

I don't think any of our fans desperately want an insolvency event.

However it's a sad day and hellps illustrate our plight when it's even being considered as a possible (very risky) step on the way to a more stable club that is not run for the benefit of others.

What I think is being layed bare, is the difficulty of the apparent situation today. This in part is regarding the lead weights that the club is carrying in the way that our financial dealings have been set-up and the agenda of those currently in and around the boardroom, ie. running the club as a means to extract money (even when lossmaking).

Some consider that the club need to build from a solid base because as it stands it is built on sand and faces the prospect of limping on and basically going quickly downhill with Scottish football in general.

Currently, the 'golden ticket' of a Rangers friendly takeover by way of Mr.X buying sufficient shares would seem to be unlikely and here is one of several places where the consideration regards impact of a potential insolvency event is important.

The sp.ivs have engineered a situation that will have various options dependent on the route we go down. They have been ahead of the game all the way through and with executive control I doubt it will be changing anytime soon. This means either longterm suffering for the club as a whole as we effectively pay a 'sp.iv tax' on revenue generated... or... some kind of takeover which means Mr.X will have to dig very deep into his pocket before starting to address infrastructural/football operation issues... or ...a takeover that comes at an ongoing price (eg.S&LB of Ibrox) ..or.. a combination.

Basically when sp.ivs get their claws in, they aren't going to let go until they can maximise their position and there will be more pain to come. I think the sp.ivs would prefer it to be a bit on the "Chinese Water Torture' drip by drip method where they stay in place to make the most of 30,000 turning up at Ibrox, an Ibrox that will eventually be sold. Not forgetting the fanbase as a whole, eg. Merchandise / Sports Direct.

Good options that can be considered realistic are scarce.

That is where we are.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Another question regards a possible insolvency event would be, RIFC or TRFC ?

As it stands TRFC seem to be where the debt is.

Cashflow problems are at RIFC.

Perhaps a Financial Bear could give us an opinion or simply explain how he sees it.

Edited by buster.

Assuming we're in the top division next season, a better manager would easily get us a Euro place. Easier said than done though as he seems determined to stick it out until he gets the heave-ho.

Shame we can't afford to sack Ally. But admin would take care of that. It would also only mean a 25 or so point deduction. No one is talking about another liquidation.

Tbh if I didn't think we would be right back in greens hands after I would say it was the best option.

We are in the wilderness right now and would ed mortally

The drip by drip method of fading away as a competitive force in the game (beyond the Scottish border).

Taken alongside the decline in the Scottish club game it will gather pace and future generations will tend to look elsewhere for their sports kick.

The drip by drip method of fading away as a competitive force in the game (beyond the Scottish border).

Taken alongside the decline in the Scottish club game it will gather pace and future generations will tend to look elsewhere for their sports kick.

This is already happening. Anybody who has travelled on the trains at the weekend will have seen the hordes of fans from Scotland who travel down to watch English matches.