The only win rate stat that counts is Cup competitions completed 11, won 0%.

We should definitely have won the Challenge Cup last season at Easter Road. Raith were there for the taking, but we were absolutely terrible on the day. Shocking stuff. You'd think the team had been out partying to celebrate the victory the night before the final!

The 2 main reasons fans stay away is the board and the woeful excuse for football that is served up at Ibrox. We have highly paid internationals playing for us, yet we are terrible to watch. I barely watch us now McCoist has tipped me over the edge but it started under Smith......

We have a double barrelled, rudderless Omnishambles with both RIFC (month at a time) and TRFC (match at a time).

Rudderless may be a little inaccurate in that some have plotting a course but it isn't for the benefit of Rangers.

I missed this one first time through.

Whatever it is, it's still my club and I'll take it. Patience will have it's own reward. As far as I can gather, there is not a damned thing you, your friends, or I can do about it.

Remember how people were screaming to get rid of Big Eck, and we ended up with a moonbeam. I'd rather be winning something.

I missed this one first time through.

Whatever it is, it's still my club and I'll take it. Patience will have it's own reward. As far as I can gather, there is not a damned thing you, your friends, or I can do about it.

Remember how people were screaming to get rid of Big Eck, and we ended up with a moonbeam. I'd rather be winning something.

Couldn't agree more.FWIW I'm no fan of the board but until there's a credible alternative it's all we've got. We should all be together in getting back to the top division and back into Europe ASAP.

I've witnessed every single minute of our cup games under McCoist from Malmo to Airdrie and all I've seen is failure after failure after failure and there isn't enough mitigation on the planet to mitigate that.

The only win rate stat that counts is Cup competitions completed 11, won 0%.

Frightening. Yet the excuses keep coming.

I have missed most of this debate while I was away but have just skimmed through the pages to see if anyone has challenged the OP's statement that we have

just over 20,000 season book holders and fewer than 10,000 turning up and paying at the gate on match days?

The facts are that we have more than 23,000 ST holders and are closing in on 24,000. Whilst recognising that different factors were in play v Hearts, we sold 18,000+ individual match tickets for that fixture and it would appear that we sold 8,000+ v Dumbarton who were bottom of the league. It's arguable that opposite forces were in play v Dumbarton as against Hearts. The average of the two league games to date is that we are selling 13,000+ individual match tickets. I'd argue that this Saturday will be a good guide because QoS might be considered one of the better of the Grade B teams we will face.

I accept that our current average attendance, 37,429, is the lowest for more than 20 years but I maintain the prediction that I made in the summer that we will end up with 25,000-30,000 ST holders.

IMHO most of those who have not renewed have taken the position of being selective because of the poor quality of football on show and many of thosee who cite the Board etc as their reason are using this as an excuse to hide the real reasons which are the lack of quality/poor tactics/duff opposition etc. If we were top of the league and playing scintillating football against better teams than the last two seasons then I think our attendances would be up on last season's 42,938 average regardless of who is sitting in the Boardroom.

Lastly I reject the argument that "The only win rate stat that counts is Cup competitions completed 11, won 0%." On that basis, what is our success rate in the league? Well it's 100% in the last two seasons. The former doesn't prove that Ally is a bad manager (though I don't think he's a manager at all) but neither does the latter prove that he is a good manager.

Calscot's view of the statistics representing an 82% win rate in cup ties is perhaps a better assessment but it's by no means the full story. The reason for that is fairly obvious; namely that once you lose you are out! So no chance of further losses (unless you are Celtic FC). A weighted average taking account of the quality of opposition might be more instructive.

Our league win pecentage in 2012/13 was 80.5% and last season it was 95.8%. Would anyone argue that those figures prove that Ally is a great manager, I doubt it.

He has a reasonably high success rate in domestic cup ties but not in cup competitions; it's important to distinguish between the two.

I have missed most of this debate while I was away but have just skimmed through the pages to see if anyone has challenged the OP's statement that we have

The facts are that we have more than 23,000 ST holders and are closing in on 24,000. Whilst recognising that different factors were in play v Hearts, we sold 18,000+ individual match tickets for that fixture and it would appear that we sold 8,000+ v Dumbarton who were bottom of the league. It's arguable that opposite forces were in play v Dumbarton as against Hearts. The average of the two league games to date is that we are selling 13,000+ individual match tickets. I'd argue that this Saturday will be a good guide because QoS might be considered one of the better of the Grade B teams we will face.

I accept that our current average attendance, 37,429, is the lowest for more than 20 years but I maintain the prediction that I made in the summer that we will end up with 25,000-30,000 ST holders.

IMHO most of those who have not renewed have taken the position of being selective because of the poor quality of football on show and many of thosee who cite the Board etc as their reason are using this as an excuse to hide the real reasons which are the lack of quality/poor tactics/duff opposition etc. If we were top of the league and playing scintillating football against better teams than the last two seasons then I think our attendances would be up on last season's 42,938 average regardless of who is sitting in the Boardroom.

Lastly I reject the argument that "The only win rate stat that counts is Cup competitions completed 11, won 0%." On that basis, what is our success rate in the league? Well it's 100% in the last two seasons. The former doesn't prove that Ally is a bad manager (though I don't think he's a manager at all) but neither does the latter prove that he is a good manager.

Calscot's view of the statistics representing an 82% win rate in cup ties is perhaps a better assessment but it's by no means the full story. The reason for that is fairly obvious; namely that once you lose you are out! So no chance of further losses (unless you are Celtic FC). A weighted average taking account of the quality of opposition might be more instructive.

Our league win pecentage in 2012/13 was 80.5% and last season it was 95.8%. Would anyone argue that those figures prove that Ally is a great manager, I doubt it.

He has a reasonably high success rate in domestic cup ties but not in cup competitions; it's important to distinguish between the two.

I must have missed this announcement. When did it take place?

IMHO most of those who have not renewed have taken the position of being selective because of the poor quality of football on show and many of thosee who cite the Board etc as their reason are using this as an excuse to hide the real reasons which are the lack of quality/poor tactics/duff opposition etc.

With all due respect, I don't think it's fair to second guess anyone's intentions.

While I'm pretty sure there will be a combination of on and off-field frustrations leading to the very large number of non-renewals, suggesting fans are using the latter as an excuse not to attend because of the former seems a rather spurious and very subjective argument.

The fact is attendances and ticket renewals are already well down on last year. I've said all along 25,000 renewals will be the likely figure and that seems possible depending on what happens between now and January. However, that still leaves us 11,000 short of last season and with only around 31,000 present on Saturday that's 12,000 down on similar fixtures against the bottom two teams in late August early September last season (42,870 v East Fife and 43,562 v Arbroath).

Now, when we examine the loans from last year (still needed despite much higher ticket sales last term) and a board only visible when it comes to ice bucket challenges or other local businesses struggling then I'd suggest while the quality of football on show is a concern to us all, the financial situation is equally or more pressing.

That's the 'emphasis of matter' we should be talking about. I'm sure Deloitte will be in a few weeks.

A valid point. We reached various European Finals in the earlier stages of the competition, but lost out. Only very few take a brighter look at cup runs as such, most prefer to go ballistic should we drop out somewhere along the way or indeed lose the final, not least to "weaker sides". Irrespective of whether the team played bad or went down to bad luck or whatnot. In the cup, success counts, the rest is irrelevant. IMHO, had we beaten Raith last season by converting a few of those 22 shots on goal, no-one would look on how "bad" we played in that game.

On a sidenote, while our minds solely revolve about Rangers, has anyone actually checked how good or bad the support of other teams is? Have their attendance figures dropped too? If only for the sake of the argument.