I would like to thank everyone on Gersnet who supported my election to the Rangers Fans Board.

As most of you know, I have followed Rangers for more than 50 years and watched them play all over Scotland and in 21 countries in Europe; but I have never been more proud than being elected to this position. It is a truly humbling experience. I will do my level best to justify the confidence that has been placed in me.

Whilst I have been elected to represent “Fans who attend away games”, I will play my part in raising issues and concerns to the Club from the wider fan base.

I understand that Rangers will be publishing email addresses for all members of the Fans Board and I am sure that they will be well used!

As I have mentioned here before, I have been assured that the Fans Board will be much more than just a talking shop. I for one am determined to ensure that it is a valuable source of two-way communication between the fans and the Club. I look forward to working with all my Board colleagues to make it a meaningful and successful body.

I would like to thank everyone on Gersnet who supported my election to the Rangers Fans Board.

As most of you know, I have followed Rangers for more than 50 years and watched them play all over Scotland and in 21 countries in Europe; but I have never been more proud than being elected to this position. It is a truly humbling experience. I will do my level best to justify the confidence that has been placed in me.

Whilst I have been elected to represent “Fans who attend away games”, I will play my part in raising issues and concerns to the Club from the wider fan base.

I understand that Rangers will be publishing email addresses for all members of the Fans Board and I am sure that they will be well used!

As I have mentioned here before, I have been assured that the Fans Board will be much more than just a talking shop. I for one am determined to ensure that it is a valuable source of two-way communication between the fans and the Club. I look forward to working with all my Board colleagues to make it a meaningful and successful body.

What did you expect them to say?

What did you expect them to say?

I believe I have said here already that the assurance did not come from "them"; it came directly from Graham Wallace; and I was also asked if I believed it and answered in the affirmative.

Some very strong characters have been elected; it will be up to them to ensure that it is a meaningful body.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

As the away fans rep, I am assuming you will be meeting with the Association's Drew Roberton asap to get a grip on away fans issues as this is very much their field of expertise.

I would also point out some causes for concern that always come up for away fans include a lack of child & concession tickets available, the profiteering by other clubs in raising normal ticket prices when Rangers come calling, lack of tickets in general for away fans, and the poor share given to RSC's by our ticket office which has caused many good RSC's to either chuck it altogether, use cars or share buses with other RSC's.

Good luck with your appointment and in sorting out the above! I have my doubts about the reasoning and real value of the membership scheme from within the club and do not think for a second that you will be allowed any real powers to look after our supporters or take our board to task for their many failings, but the proofed their way is yet to be established.

The first task should be to establish fortnightly (at least) meetings, with strict deadlines imposed on the club to reply to any concerns raised. Quarterly meetings will get nothing done. Full and transparent minutes of meetings, both internal & with club officials, should be published within 24 hours of each meeting. Meetings between fans board reps and the club should only occur when at least 3 fans board reps are present.

I believe I have said here already that the assuarance did not come from "them"; it came directly from Graham Wallace; and I was also asked if i believed it and answered in the affirmative.

Some very strong characters have been elected; it will be up to them to ensure that it is a meaningful body.

Not sure that assurances from Graham Wallace carries much weight. and the capability for this group "to ensure that it is a meaningful body" will rely on a different approach from those calling the shots at our club.However, it is only reasonable to give the elected people an opportunity to try and influence things. No doubt the "they don't speak for me brigade" will not remain silent for very long.