You are entitled to your opinion but I think it is very unfair of you to condemn this new body before it has even had it's first meeting.

Time will tell. IMO it's just a "company Union" talking shop with no powers and further divides the support.

As the away fans rep, I am assuming you will be meeting with the Association's Drew Roberton asap to get a grip on away fans issues as this is very much their field of expertise.

I would also point out some causes for concern that always come up for away fans include a lack of child & concession tickets available, the profiteering by other clubs in raising normal ticket prices when Rangers come calling, lack of tickets in general for away fans, and the poor share given to RSC's by our ticket office which has caused many good RSC's to either chuck it altogether, use cars or share buses with other RSC's.

Good luck with your appointment and in sorting out the above! I have my doubts about the reasoning and real value of the membership scheme from within the club and do not think for a second that you will be allowed any real powers to look after our supporters or take our board to task for their many failings, but the proofed their way is yet to be established.

The first task should be to establish fortnightly (at least) meetings, with strict deadlines imposed on the club to reply to any concerns raised. Quarterly meetings will get nothing done. Full and transparent minutes of meetings, both internal & with club officials, should be published within 24 hours of each meeting. Meetings between fans board reps and the club should only occur when at least 3 fans board reps are present.

Thanks for these thoughts TB.

Drew Roberton Please pass on my details and ask him to get in touch or he can do so via the Club or if you PM me his details I will certainly do that.

Causes for concern that always come up for away fans. That's a good list to start on. I am not sure about the profiteering thing but if you have evidence let me have it. I think but am not certain that there is a league rule about that but there will be ways round it I'm sure. I did notice at Alloa that £18/£9 was posted at the away gates and that is what we were charged, well I was anyway, not quite old enough for a concession. Children - again let me have the evidence. If that is a league issue I will pursue with Mr Doncaster. There is definitely an issue with small allocations and how to divide between supporters buses and those who travel independently. Again, evidence would be helpful; I will arrrange an early meeting with Susan Hannah, who I have always found very helpful. It is also my intention to ask for an ealry meeting with the head of FoCUS.

Membership Scheme I share your doubts as we have discussed in the past. It is along way from what I would like to see at present and I agree that as the elected reps of the Members the Board must address this major issue.

Board Meetings

I also agree that quarterly meetings would be hopeless; I would prefer monthly; but I am only one voice and I don't know what commitments the others have until we meet.

Minutes

19.Minutes

19.1 The Secretary shall ensure that minutes are made of all proceedings at all meetings of the RFB, any sub-committee, and any meetings involving the RFB. In the absence of the Secretary, the Chairman shall nominate another Elected Representative to take minutes.

19.2 A minute of any meeting shall include the names of those present, a note of all votes taken, outcomes, any relevant notes of discussions and (as far as possible) shall be signed by the Chairman or chairperson of the meeting.

19.3 The minutes of any meetings outlined in clause 20.1 shall be publicised to the Members on fansboard.rangers.co.uk and/or http://www.rangers.co.uk within 14 days following each meeting. The Club shall arrange for the publication on the website.

I promise you I will work as hard as I possibly can on this and am confident that my colleagues will do likewise.

Time will tell. IMO it's just a "company Union" talking shop with no powers and further divides the support.

I don't see how it divides the support when great care has been taken to include just about every possible category of fan.

Can you tell me how you reach that conclusion?

BH I'm confused here.

Are you only on the board for away fans or can you raise any question to the board through any channels and any category?

That's a good point that I have been asked already tonight at Falkirk.

According to the Constitution:

The Role of the Official Fans Board Member

As a Fans Board member each individual will have a responsibility to liaise with supporters from the Group they represent and ensure they best serve their interests at meetings with the Club.

The 12 elected members will have a public profile on the official Rangers website. They will be clearly identified as Members of the Rangers Fans Board and will be contactable by the wider fanbase via email to allow them to obtain feedback and questions from the group they represent. They will also provide those fans with updates after all meetings.

Elected representatives will be required to regularly attend Fans Board and other relevant meetings, potentially participate in sub-fan working groups and any other requirements outside meetings.

Job Description

1. Represent the Rangers fanbase allowing them to communicate directly with the Club in a structured manner.
  2. Help the Club get a better understanding of the issues that most affect and concern your category of supporters
  3. Promote positively knowledge and understanding of the work and benefits of the Rangers Fans Board
  4. Act in an appropriate manner at all times as a representative of the Official Rangers Fans Board and Rangers Football Club.
  5. Contribute to the work of the Fans Board by participating in at least one sub-Fans Board or working group and any other requirements outside meetings.
  6. Read, review and respond to email, documents and communications within agreed timelines.
  7. Provide regular updates to the other Fans Board members from the fans you represent and your area/s of expertise and knowledge.
  8. Attend 70% of all meetings subject to any exceptional circumstances (e.g. illness).
  9. Promote equality and diversity and ensure that people of different gender, race, age or disability are represented.
  10. Support partnerships and joint working with local communities and agencies from a range of sectors which will benefit the work of the Rangers Fans Board and Rangers Football Club Ltd.

The RFB’s objects are:

(a) To provide the Members with a voice and communication channel directly to the Club in respect of the direction of the Club including, but not limited to:

(i) the matchday experience;

(ii) supporter engagement;

(iii) Membership;

(iv) local community support projects; and

(v) any matters that affect the Club’s supporters’ experiences.

(b) To improve communication between the Club and Members; to represent the views of the Club’s supporters; to encourage and assist the Club; and to take proper account of the interest and views of the supporters of the Club.

© To provide the Members with an open forum in order that all Members can express their opinions in a clear and structured manner to the Club.

(d) To represent and communicate on behalf of the greatest possible cross section of Members.

If you read all that together I'd say it's both; with a primary responsibility to your own constituency but an overall responsibility to fans in general. From the Club's point of you, I think the word "structured" is relevant. So for example if there is an issue that particularly affects away fans (such as those raised by TB) then I'd expect them to be channelled through me and I think the Club would expect them to come from me and if I have something that is an issue for ethnic minorities then I think it would be right for me to pass that to the person elected in that category (though it's hard to think of such an example). The difficulty might be where there is an issue for a disabled fan who attends away matches; but hopefully common sense would prevail.

That said if someone particularly asked me to raise an issue that was outwith my constituency then I think I would first ask why they haven't referred it to the rep for that category and would certainly inform the rep before I took any action.

The above is just my take on this, so far as I am aware nothing has been discussed and I'm sure that one of the first things the Board will discuss are operational guidelines.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

First off thanks to all for the messages of support and to all those who voted on my behalf.

Most of you will only know me from pixels on a screen but quite a few especially those who have met me will understand the real reason why I put my name forward for this particular enterprise even though like many of you I am sceptical . However nothing ventured nothing gained, I have been battling for years behind the scenes to try and improve the lot of myself and the constituents I'm primarily elected to serve some of whom make unbelievable efforts just to follow follow Rangers, some literally have no voice but that does not mean they should not be heard, I intend to ensure they are heard loud and clear.

I'm also aware as has been noted in the post above of the responsibilities towards the wider fan base in general and I intend to be diligent in that area too.

I go into this with eyes and mind wide open, I hope this succeeds and can be built upon but in the end that's up to the Club itself, if all they want is a fig leaf then alas it will be doomed to failure to the detriment of both the Club and the wider fan base in general.

Once again thanks to all even to those in another place who provide me with an endless source of laughter!