NO.

I most certainly was not.

I applied entirely of my own volition because I felt I had the appropriate experience of representing fans at a high level and because I love the Club and wanted to try to do some good.

Thanks for clearing that up.

I spoke to a candidate who told me he was asked to apply that's why I asked.

But hey he might not have meant by someone at rangers. I just presumed

So why didn't they put them all up for election? Would be fairer and more transparent. I know of a couple of sound candidates with the relevant skills and experience who weren't selected.

They could have done that; but there would have been literally hundreds on the ballot, it might have been fairer but how many of the electorate would have read every CV?

A nominations committee is not an unheard of concept in many clubs and societies.

I doubt Rev McQuarrie would be too happy if it was being suggested that certain people were excluded for reasons other than that there were better qualified candidates. One asusumes that is why there were 5 candidates in the ST category for example.

Edited by BrahimHemdani
typo & clarification

Thanks for clearing that up.

I spoke to a candidate who told me he was asked to apply that's why I asked.

But hey he might not have meant by someone at rangers. I just presumed

I would be utterly shocked if that was the case; though it is not entirely beyond the bounds of possibility if say there was only one candidate in a particular category and they wanted to create an election as I said to ratify whoever was elected.

I also think there's perhaps one or two people who've been elected to represent a particular demographic who are actually a million miles away from the fundamental core of their demographic and highly unlikely to properly represent them.

I think that there will need to be more thought given to the categories in future elections because some like "disabled" and "overseas" and perhaps my own "away fans" have special needs but others such as "ethnic minorities" frankly seem more politically motivated. It's hard to know who is qualified to represent "the fundamental core of their demographic " but if those in that category do not feel they are being properly represented then they will have a remedy at the online ballot box next time around.

I would be utterly shocked if that was the case; though it is not entirely beyond the bounds of possibility if say there was only one candidate in a particular category and they wanted to create an election as I said to ratify whoever was elected.

Hmmm guess I never know.

I wish you and our other forum member forlan the best with it.must admit I am skeptical of the whole thing too but as much as I don't know you or Billy personally I can tell from both your posts on here you are suited to get in there and get us all as much info as you can..

I know from Zia Islam's posts in my kids football team page that he is also looking forward to asking questions of this board

E

They could have done that; but there would have been literally hundreds on the ballot, it might have been fairer but how mnay would have read every CV?

A nominations committee is not an unheard of concept in many clubs and societies.

I doubt Rev McQuarrie would be too happy if it was being suggested that certain people were excluded for reasons other than that there were better qualified candidates. One asusumes that is why there were 5 candidates in the ST category for example.

If they're too lazy to read every cv then they shouldn't have volunteered to get involved.

I would never hold up someone of the cloth up as a bastion of rightenous in anything let alone nominees in an election with such strong suspicions enemating from the support.

I think that there will need to be more thought given to the categories in future elections because some like "disabled" and "overseas" and perhaps my own "away fans" have special needs but others such as "ethnic minorities" frankly seem more politically motivated. It's hard to know who is qualified to represent "the fundamental core of their demographic " but if those in that category do not feel they are being properly represented then they will have a remedy at the online ballot box next time around.

Northern Ireland should have its own category considering the variables Ulster Bears must contend with and the size of support travelling over for home games.

Edited by Stimpy

E

If they're too lazy to read every cv then they shouldn't have volunteered to get involved.

I would never hold up someone of the cloth up as a bastion of rightenous in anything let alone nominees in an election with such strong suspicions enemating from the support.

I think you misunderstood what I meant.

Rev McQuarrie told me that every CV submitted was reviewed. I believe that.

What I meant was that if hundreds of names were on the ballot then the voters would need to have read hundreds of CV's to be properly informed, how many would have done that? I read folk elsewhere say that not only did they read the 35 or so CV's they also checked social media and googled for more info on the candidates, imagine doing that hundreds of times over.