I believe there were "hundreds" of applicants so if there hand't been some form of pre-selection the ballot paper would have been as long as this thread.

In fairness to anyone doubting the process, there were apparently one or two really top notch candidates who weren't shortlisted while other less desirable ones were.

Yes the Club brought it into being, and yes the club selected the Nomination Committee; but NO "the selectors did not select the "fans board".

You might want to debate the categories and they might be adjusted in future since there were a large number of candidates in some categories and only two in some others.

I believe there were "hundreds" of applicants so if there hand't been some form of pre-selection the ballot paper would have been as long as this thread.

Rev McQuarrie told me that each application was reviewed individually but if you have evidence of malfeasance then I suggest you bring it forward.

There were anything from 2 to 5 candidates in each category, a total of 35 I think in all; and there was a two week democratic election and the count was by a firm independent of Rangers FC; what else do you want?

You are correct ST holders and those who purchased a membership elected the fans board from those who were selected to stand. All other fans had no say unless they wished to pay for the privilege.

One of the candidates actually seemed illiterate in his application

I don't really want to comment too much on the process which is a matter for Rangers but I think it would be fair to say that they were not overwhelmed by candidates in that particular category (and a couple of others, where there were only two candidates put forward) and they decided to have an election so that whoever was elected would be properly ratified rather than awarding the other candidate a bye so to speak.

That said, there are some extremely strong CV's among those elected, captains of industry, folk who have chaired high level boards and committees of one sort or another, people with outstanding management experience; and for the avoidance of doubt, that is present company excepted.

You are correct ST holders and those who purchased a membership elected the fans board from those who were selected to stand. All other fans had no say unless they wished to pay for the privilege.

I think ST holders were always going to be the bulk of the electorate but at least it was a constituency of 23,000+, which is 10x more than my local councillor for example.

I agree that there is a lot more to be done on that front but you have to be a paid up member of RST or RF for example to get to vote in those elections and the same would apply to almost any group or society.

In fairness to anyone doubting the process, there were apparently one or two really top notch candidates who weren't shortlisted while other less desirable ones were.

So why didn't they put them all up for election? Would be fairer and more transparent. I know of a couple of sound candidates with the relevant skills and experience who weren't selected.

I don't really want to comment too much on the process which is a matter for Rangers but I think it would be fair to say that they were not overwhelmed by candidates in that particular category (and a couple of others, where there were only two candidates put forward) and they decided to have an election so that whoever was elected would be properly ratified rather than awarding the other candidate a bye so to speak.

That said, there are some extremely strong CV's among those elected, captains of industry, folk who have chaired high level boards and committees of one sort or another, people with outstanding management experience; and for the avoidance of doubt, that is present company excepted.

Were you asked by anyone at rangers to apply?

So why didn't they put them all up for election? Would be fairer and more transparent. I know of a couple of sound candidates with the relevant skills and experience who weren't selected.

Your guess is as good as anyone's mate.

The selection and election process seems pretty strange to me, especially given the large number of extremely active fans who were excluded from the whole process.

I also think there's perhaps one or two people who've been elected to represent a particular demographic who are actually a million miles away from the fundamental core of their demographic and highly unlikely to properly represent them.