Well it had to happen some day R...one of us would make a post that the other was entire agreement with.

Notwithstanding the effects of any explosions I think both of them display the strength of character and probity required for such a position.

I'm sure that we agree on more subjects than not. ;)

I hope that Mr Paterson is given a chance to make things uncomfortable for those who have set this up as a sop to the fans.

While not always agreeing with the views of Mr Harris, I do think that he would ensure that everything was done by the book.

The two of them together could be explosive! :D

If Mr.Harris was left with the books and Mr.Paterson with the judgement calls ?

I'll tell you what for me is heartening about these 2 candidates - they are connected to the fans & frequent forums such as this one & others.

You know from that you are getting Rangers supporters who care about the club outwith 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon.

I do see this being the next battleground in the tit-for-tat war between the different groups within the support.

Was saying similar on FF after Somers Open Letter of 6th of December 2013........but emphasizing that it would be put in place in an attempt to control the revenue stream better and marginalise the 'awkward'.

I think you have to look at some of the recent 'output' from one of the fansgroups and wonder about possible tie-ins to an ongoing process.

I don't know any of the other candidates (although a few can be found via social media) but I do know from here FS and BH represent two differing opinions and (usually) make their points well online.

I'm sure both gentlemen will admit they have controversial backgrounds for one reason or another but I'm comfortable that they have acted in good faith as well. With that in mind, may I wish them the very best of luck for the election process and look forward to hearing more.

I'll tell you what for me is heartening about these 2 candidates - they are connected to the fans & frequent forums such as this one & others.

You know from that you are getting Rangers supporters who care about the club outwith 90 minutes on a Saturday afternoon.

"Caring for the club" has become a very subjective line over the past few years and there have been plenty of those who may be generally considered to fall into this category that have been fooled too easily...eg. Mr.Harris...... Harsh, but true. There is no room for sentiment or ignoring the recent past and not learning from it.

I'd venture that the immediate problems for those who "care for the club" may be to focus more upon the present than Jack Irvine inspired fans membership schemes.