Each member will do what they do best. They will be judged on that, and that alone.

The thing is that what is important IMO is the 'banner' rather than the individual.

Individuals can be bypassed if neccessary, the 'banner' of the group would be used as a 'tool' or at least that is in part the idea behind this.

I've generally been cynical regards the great majority of things coming from the boardroom in recent years and what is hoped for here is a.............. 'benefit of the doubt for new project' + 'hope for change' .............but it's not IMO where efforts need to be aimed although we are limited in what we can do now.

In an ideal world we need to get rid of the sp.ivs and until then, intiatives coming from said board are tainted and/or toxic.

The thing is that what is important IMO is the 'banner' rather than the individual.

Individuals can be bypassed if neccessary, the 'banner' of the group would be used as a 'tool' or at least that is in part the idea behind this.

I've generally been cynical regards the great majority of things coming from the boardroom in recent years and what is hoped for here is a.............. 'benefit of the doubt for new project' + 'hope for change' .............but it's not IMO where efforts need to be aimed although we are limited in what we can do now.

In an ideal world we need to get rid of the sp.ivs and until then, intiatives coming from said board are tainted and/or toxic.

I am as cynical as anyone over this, and have said so repeatedly, but as it is going ahead, I would prefer to see it filled with 'noisy' fans who will push for change and question the antics of the staff and board or who will shout from the rooftops if it is, as we believe, nothing more than a talking shop and a facade.

I understand why some folk might be very sceptical about this Fans Board but I have been assured that it is not simply a PR exercise.

Mr Wallace claims it was his idea and I for one certainly am not in a position to doubt him on this matter, though I do appreciate why some people might not find anything he says entirely convincing.

If you look at the candidates CV's you will find some highly experienced businessmen and executives, a surgeon, a lawyer, an accountant and a variety of other people who have experience in managerial and leadership roles; not to mention a couple of folk who dare I say are well known around here for not being shy about coming forward.

I find it very difficult to imagine that board composed of such people would simply be cannon fodder for the RFC Board or be their puppets.

The job description is to ensure that the RFC Board are aware of fans views on relevant issues and equally to ensure that the Club's decision making process is communicated to fans.

I am sure that all any candidate would ask is that the electorate read each person's CV with due care and attention and decide who they think would best be suited for such a role and vote accordingly.

I am as cynical as anyone over this, and have said so repeatedly, but as it is going ahead, I would prefer to see it filled with 'noisy' fans who will push for change and question the antics of the staff and board or who will shout from the rooftops if it is, as we believe, nothing more than a talking shop and a facade.

Bottomline......

It's a sp.iv intiative and will be designed in such a way that the net effect will be positive for them and their ongoing plans.

If a spanner can be forced into said 'plan' and under whatever set of rules/constitution/etc be allowed to effectively channel an agenda that may be considered favourable to the fans/clubs longterm macro interests then great.........but don't hold your breath.

Thinking about it, perhaps the best action would have been for nobody to apply and further isolate the board but that's now wishful thinking.

I understand why some folk might be very sceptical about this Fans Board but I have been assured that it is not simply a PR exercise.

Mr Wallace claims it was his idea and I for one certainly am not in a position to doubt him on this matter, though I do appreciate why some people might not find anything he says entirely convincing.

What are you saying, that you believe him but you also see grounds not to believe him ?

This is the kind of doublespeak that isn't needed.

You have to wonder about the standard of people that they rejected in some categories....or do they want to get their preferred candidate in?

Candidate Name

Joseph Rae

City

Glasgow

Why do you want to represent supporters on the Rangers Fans Board?

to help non season tikets holders

What qualities and experience can you bring to the role?

dont no intill l try

Have you worked on groups/committees before? e.g. local football clubs, community groups, etc. If yes, please provide brief details

no

Any additional information to support your application

am a good and honest person

You have to wonder about the standard of people that they rejected in some categories....or do they want to get their preferred candidate in?

Candidate Name

Joseph Rae

City

Glasgow

Why do you want to represent supporters on the Rangers Fans Board?

to help non season tikets holders

What qualities and experience can you bring to the role?

dont no intill l try

Have you worked on groups/committees before? e.g. local football clubs, community groups, etc. If yes, please provide brief details

no

Any additional information to support your application

am a good and honest person

Oh dear.....

What are you saying, that you believe him but you also see grounds not to believe him ?

This is the kind of doublespeak that isn't needed.

Some of the things Mr Wallace has said and done are open to question by all including me; but at this point there is no evidence that I am aware of that the RFB will simply be a talking shop or used asa PR exercise by the Club.

It will be up to those elected to make sure it is a strong and influential body.

I can do no more than suggest that voters chose the candidates who they feel best suited to hold the Club to account on supporters issues.

Bottomline......

It's a sp.iv intiative and will be designed in such a way that the net effect will be positive for them and their ongoing plans.

If a spanner can be forced into said 'plan' and under whatever set of rules/constitution/etc be allowed to effectively channel an agenda that may be considered favourable to the fans/clubs longterm macro interests then great.........but don't hold your breath.

Thinking about it, perhaps the best action would have been for nobody to apply and further isolate the board but that's now wishful thinking.

If that isn't forthcoming, I will be racing you to be first to say so. The last paragraph was always wishful thinking.