Rangers Media in full trashing mode now , if any of our esteemed posters are feeling their ears getting warm that might just be the reason lol

Please do not denigrate other forums.

All users have been constantly warned about this.

Edited: Frankie

Edited by Frankie

Toxic was very much hands-on (pre-AGM) when this was put forward and they decided to go with it in an attempt to better control the revenue stream (fans) and marginalise 'awkward groups'. I think Somers first aluded to it in his infamous Open Letter of the 6th of December 2013 that at least in part was penned by our toxic 'friend'.

Irvine himself or someone very close to him was posting on FF about how it might work on the 5th of January this year. Basically in an attempt to see how the revenue stream/cashflow/support would react to it. He was called out and left the FF building.

The person went under the username of 'Applepine'.

This is designed to be 'Plastic Engagement' that is 'controllable' and would become a tool for the sp.iv board to use to better preserve the incoming flow of cash or whatever they had in mind.

Totally off topic, but in reference to the username :

[video=youtube_share;Zd_NSbZOLsU]http://youtu.be/Zd_NSbZOLsU

:laugh:

Voting Now Open

Rangers Football Club received a number of high-calibre applications to join the Official Rangers Fans Board. Since the deadline of 19 August, the independent Nominations Committee has been carefully reviewing the applications and have narrowed these down to 39 candidates for you, the Club Members, to vote on from today (Monday 8 September, 2014).

The Nominations Committee – Reverend Stuart MacQuarrie, former Rangers Captain David Weir, international rugby star Alastair Kellock and supporters Tom Mowbray, Mhairi McKenzie, Melville Curry, Ross Hardie and Holly-Jade Johnston – selected applicants from a number of supporter categories and Club Members can now see their full applications then vote online at fansboard.rangers.co.uk from today until 9am on Saturday 20 September.

Club Members can vote for one candidate in each of the following categories:-

Female Fans - 5 candidates

Families - 3 candidates

Overseas Fans - 3 candidates

Fans in Glasgow/Govan Community - 3 candidates

Disabled fans - 2 candidates

Ethnic Minorities - 2 candidates

Under 18s - 2 candidates

Ibrox match ticket purchasers - 2 candidates

Corporate fans - 4 candidates

Fans who attend away games - 3 candidates

Rangers Official Members - 3 candidates

Season Ticket Holders - 7 candidates

Rangers Members over the age of 16 can vote from today, Monday 8 September by visiting fansboard.rangers.co.uk and using your membership number and password. Members may find it beneficial to compare the applications against the original criteria in the Recruitment pack when assessing each Nominee, this can also be viewed by visiting fanboard.rangers.co.uk.

Reverend Stuart MacQuarrie, who chaired the Nominations Committee, commented: “The Club had an overwhelming response and the calibre of applications was very high. Each candidate the Committee selected possesses a range of skills that will greatly benefit the Official Rangers Fans Board and they all have a passion for Rangers.

“I would hope those who were not selected on this occasion will not be discouraged from applying in future. Every single application was considered and matched against the criteria in the job description for the Board. One thing the Club is aware of is the great and diverse range of skills, abilities and experience which our fans possess and are ready to offer in service of the great institution that is Rangers Football Club.

“I know the Club is determined to improve communications with the wider fanbase and it was a pleasure to chair this independent committee. I would like to thank all my fellow committee members for their invaluable contributions throughout all of our meetings and their professional approach in considering each application fairly and equally.

“We have shortlisted 39 candidates across a broad range of supporter categories. Now it is up to Rangers Club Members to decide on who will best represent their interests on the Official Rangers Fans Board and I look forward to seeing the results.”

The Official Fans Board will consist of 12 supporters and is being created to benefit all supporters.

The Fans Board will provide a platform for supporters to communicate directly with key Club staff in a structured manner

Give the Club greater insight into the topics and issues that most affect and concern the wider Rangers fanbase

Allow supporters to better understand the Club’s decision-making process on key issues

Enable supporters to play a crucial role in helping the Club achieve success on and off the pitch

Provide transparency regarding the key issues that affect supporters

The Fans Board will meet a minimum of 4 times per season and further meetings will be held between Club executives and the Fans Board throughout 2014/15.

A full description of the role and criteria on which each application was judged can also be viewed at fansboard.rangers.co.uk.

I hope that Mr Paterson is given a chance to make things uncomfortable for those who have set this up as a sop to the fans.

While not always agreeing with the views of Mr Harris, I do think that he would ensure that everything was done by the book.

The two of them together could be explosive! :D

I hope that Mr Paterson is given a chance to make things uncomfortable for those who have set this up as a sop to the fans.

While not always agreeing with the views of Mr Harris, I do think that he would ensure that everything was done by the book.

The two of them together could be explosive! :D

Well it had to happen some day R...one of us would make a post that the other was entire agreement with.

Notwithstanding the effects of any explosions I think both of them display the strength of character and probity required for such a position.