Interesting that all 3 'overseas' candidates are from NARSA. Gary Gillan is NARSA President, Robert Smith is NARSA treasurer and Ann Marie Vickery is from the Philly Loyal RSC, so it looks like NARSA have the 'overseas fans' board seat sewn right up! :D

Anyone any idea who the best is from these 3? It's the only category I haven't picked yet.

Someone on FF posted

"A decent enough guy who showed very poor judgement by signing off on the disasterous NARSA letter to the RFFF...

A staunch supporter of the Murray/Bain regime when all could see they were running our club into the ground. Didnt want to jeapordize that seat in the Directors Box on his trips back.

A person, despite involvement with NARSA for 18 years..no one on my club has ever heard of !!

Interesting that all 3 'overseas' candidates are from NARSA. Gary Gillan is NARSA President, Robert Smith is NARSA treasurer and Ann Marie Vickery is from the Philly Loyal RSC, so it looks like NARSA have the 'overseas fans' board seat sewn right up! :D

Gribz & I should have applied.... would have put the cat amongst the pigeons.

As a Rangers supporter who has been attending well over 90% of our games for nearly 30 years now, a RSC member for 25 years, 15 as secretary, a member of the RFWG committee, is it right that I can have no say in this farce of an election as I chose, for the first time in well over 20 years not to have a ST this year as I did not trust the board (correctly it seems) with my money, and I refuse to pay them a vastly overpriced £25 to be a "member" for the same reason.

Perhaps I am exactly the type of fan they DONT want having a say in this latest club-sponsored one-way talking shop. Whilst I wish the best of British to the two gentlemen from here that have stepped up and put their names forward for this, I have absolutely no confidence in this producing anything other than a box-ticking exercise for the club board. Much like the Assembly before it in fact.

A Rangers membership is something I have advocated for a long number of years, but they have went about it all wrong, for the wrong reasons, at the wrong time. Pretty much like everything else this board has done to date.

Anyone any idea who the best is from these 3? It's the only category I haven't picked yet.

Someone on FF posted

Aye, I read that post. He seems to know a fair bit about Gary Gillan and Robert Smith, but doesn't seem overly impressed by either.

Good to see forlan getting a good amount of support on that thread! :)

Let's go through this with you BH.

I will be direct, to the point and forthcoming.

I'd appreciate and I'm sure others would as well, if you could answer in a similar vein rather than the politically correct standard type.

I understand why some folk might be very sceptical about this Fans Board but I have been assured that it is not simply a PR exercise.

Who has given you this assurance ?

Mr Wallace claims it was his idea and I for one certainly am not in a position to doubt him on this matter, though I do appreciate why some people might not find anything he says entirely convincing.

You didn't answer my previous question.

Do you believe Mr.Wallace that it was his idea ?

Did he say who has 'designed' it ?

Given levels of trust, his imperfect record regard trust since November 20th 2013 and his stated goals of more transparency could he show us the e-mail trail regards this to back him up.

Mr.Wallace has at times refused to answer fansgroup electronic correspondence but did hire the spin-doctor Paul Tyrell.

For the record, I believe that Jack Irvine was involved regards 'design'.

If you look at the candidates CV's you will find some highly experienced businessmen and executives, a surgeon, a lawyer, an accountant and a variety of other people who have experience in managerial and leadership roles; not to mention a couple of folk who dare I say are well known around here for not being shy about coming forward.

I'm sorry but that doesn't mean a lot and has been shown to mean, not a lot.

We've seen your CV on here and it is on the face of it impressive but I'm really struggling to comprehend how you could then get fooled for so long by someone like Green. It wasn't just you, I know of a senior partner of one of the big accountancy firms who declared that Green was playing a 'canny game', he certainly was but not in our interests.

A fansgroup has never more needed to be independent of the club/company/board.

I find it very difficult to imagine that board composed of such people would simply be cannon fodder for the RFC Board or be their puppets.

Stretch your imagination and include how any 'constitution' (or similar) would govern decision-making, majorities, public declarations of fansboard 'business', powers, how/when club interacts, etc., etc.

I think it would be relatively simple to 'neutralise' dissenting voices if they get too loud or become too awkward.

The club will set it up in a way that it will work for them, not for us.

The job description is to ensure that the RFC Board are aware of fans views on relevant issues and equally to ensure that the Club's decision making process is communicated to fans.

They haven't wanted to listen or address what hasn't suited them previously.

That said they employ spin-doctors who instruct so as to keep an eye on our cyber views but their MO is often to send in 'Agitaters' who attempt to shape/change opinion, not to take on fans conerns and consider the modification of X, Y or Z.

ie. Bullshit

I am sure that all any candidate would ask is that the electorate read each person's CV with due care and attention and decide who they think would best be suited for such a role and vote accordingly.

Each person is free to do as they will but under the current regime this will be another largely impotent fans layer and tool of spin for the board.

These are the times we live in and to do with the type of people who have executive control.

It's Professional bullshit.

Edited by buster.

A Rangers membership is something I have advocated for a long number of years, but they have went about it all wrong, for the wrong reasons, at the wrong time. Pretty much like everything else this board has done to date.

That's the really soul destroying aspect of this because I think a lot of us have been advocates of an official Club membership scheme for years now and when the Club finally does it, as you say, they've went about it all wrong, for the wrong reasons and at completely the wrong time when relations between the Club & fans is at one of it's lowest ebbs.

All we can do is hope that the Club scrapes through the current financial mess and gets a change in ownership and boardroom personnel which radically alters the Club/Support relationship and renews the lost trust, at which point maybe the membership scheme can be tweaked and made successful.

It should be stated that the membership of NARSA did not choose these candidates to be put forward as candidates to be chosen for this board. They did that on their own as individuals.

Why three NARSA people were chosen as candidates in this category only the selection committee knows. Maybe they were the only ones who applied.

It should be stated that the membership of NARSA did not choose these candidates to be put forward as candidates to be chosen for this board. They did that on their own as individuals.

Why three NARSA people were chosen as candidates in this category only the selection committee knows. Maybe they were the only ones who applied.

Maybe they were the only ones who hold annual shindigs where they invite special guests to attend buckshee. :P