I dont think there is any likliehood of a fix real soon 3909.

Even if the boardroom situation became settled there still remains considerable animosity between our FO models. I appreciate that is not important for some' date=' but for those who believe it to be the best way forward - it is not encouraging.[/quote']

IMHO the Boards of RF (once elected) and RST should set up a joint working party to see if there might be a way to combine their share schemes or at least give the appearance of working together rather than competing with each other.

They should ask some neutral person i.e. some person of gravitas who has not been associated with either scheme and possibly even someone is not a "Rangers man" but who understands the concepts and legalities, to Chair the meeting.

I can think of a whole host of people who might fill the bill.

IMHO the Boards of RF (once elected) and RST should set up a joint working party to see if there might be a way to combine their share schemes or at least give the appearance of working together rather than competing with each other.

They should ask some neutral person i.e. some person of gravitas who has not been associated with either scheme and possibly even someone is not a "Rangers man" but who understands the concepts and legalities, to Chair the meeting.

I can think of a whole host of people who might fill the bill.

Its a positive and progressive idea BH - but to use 3909's terminology - do you really see that happening with the "current players" ?

Its a positive and progressive idea BH - but to use 3909's terminology - do you really see that happening with the "current players" ?

Why not, just takes a bit of goodwill and perhaps some eating of humble pie on both sides.

Let them start from the position that they both want fan influence if not ownership and they both want the best for the fans and the Club.

It would not be difficult to set up or facilitate.

There are folks from both camps who post on here, lets hear from them.

Oh, there's a fix all right but to identify it will require a clarity of vision which has proved way beyond the capabilities of the current "players". The fan board is a nice idea and I respect some participants but I'm not sure how readily it will be embraced. We'll see.

I dont think there is any likliehood of a fix real soon 3909.

Even if the boardroom situation became settled there still remains considerable animosity between our FO models. I appreciate that is not important for some' date=' but for those who believe it to be the best way forward - it is not encouraging.[/quote']

D'Art, the animosity between our 'Fan Ownership' models is not the root of the problem because one of them is practically brand new and the support's little (but growing) divisions have a much longer history than just going back to May this year.

It's interesting that we're getting back to the 'Fan Ownership' issue on this 'Fan Board' thread here though because a possible way forward has always been for these two things to be 100% combined with a proper Club Membership scheme.

Fan Ownership + Club Membership + Fan Board all interlinked and working in concert is what many German and other European clubs have adopted, but we are a LONG way off from getting to that point as things stand.

D'Art, the animosity between our 'Fan Ownership' models is not the root of the problem because one of them is practically brand new and the support's little (but growing) divisions have a much longer history than just going back to May this year.

It's interesting that we're getting back to the 'Fan Ownership' issue on this 'Fan Board' thread here though because a possible way forward has always been for these two things to be 100% combined with a proper Club Membership scheme.

Fan Ownership + Club Membership + Fan Board all interlinked and working in concert is what many German and other European clubs have adopted, but we are a LONG way off from getting to that point as things stand.

I didnt say it was the "root" problem Zap - it was just an indicative of the fractured nature of our support - furthermore, despite the fledgling nature of Rangers First - its clear there is considerable animosity towards it in some quarters, thus even a fresh inititiative appears not to be immune to our ongoing travails.

Through the internet, and also due to our troubles, we have discovered that we are a broader church than many imagined. We have also discovered that we are close to hopeless at dealing with this crisis.

The tribe that we are, or were, is splintering into factions, quite needlessly, and so there is no unity of purpose to supersede the growing bitterness between squabbling groups.

It must surely be an eye-opener to those fans who believed that this horrendous situation could never happen. I'd been expecting a crisis for quite some time, but it was still difficult to come to terms with the reality when it eventually turned up.

Like many Rangers fans, when I look at us, I find it impossible not to be disappointed. Perhaps because so many believed that our plight could never happen, we were too shocked to get to grips with the situation and constructively address it, but it's far worse than that.

When I see 'never forget, never forgive' attitudes, it saddens me. If we are going to attempt to address the future with hatred to the fore, we will struggle. A positive 'can do' attitude is so much more helpful than a 'pay them back' approach because the latter compromises our judgement.

Look at those Rangers fans who said 'do your worst' when it was clear that we were being removed from the top tier. They said this, for the most part, because they thought that our absence would be some kind of payback to Scottish football. The idea that our recovery could be seriously compromised wasn't entertained.

I'm not interested in thoughts that are motivated by hatred and vengeance. I'm interested in the thoughts of those people who can put all that to one side: who can think clearly and rationally about how to set Rangers on the right course: who can act positively to heal Rangers and who understand that the term 'real Rangers fan' is a term that should be discarded forever if we are to build a future that is comparable to our past.

I didnt say it was the "root" problem Zap - it was just an indicative of the fractured nature of our support - furthermore' date=' despite the fledgling nature of Rangers First - its clear there is considerable animosity towards it in some quarters, thus even a fresh inititiative appears not to be immune to our ongoing travails.[/quote']

If it was completely fresh and didn't involve recent departures (along with ideas) from the Trust, then it wouldn't have the same issues. That said, I'm sure if a completely fresh FO model was started next week it would suffer similar animosity, except this time it would be a 2-on-1 fight against the noob who didn't have a clue. :facepalm:

If it was completely fresh and didn't involve recent departures (along with ideas) from the Trust, then it wouldn't have the same issues. That said, I'm sure if a completely fresh FO model was started next week it would suffer similar animosity, except this time it would be a 2-on-1 fight against the noob who didn't have a clue. :facepalm:

tve9961-19691113-82.gif

May be a bit before your time.

Note : I said "may be"

May be a bit before your time.

Note : I said "may be"

You've lost me there (before my time! :D ), but just to get back to the discussion side of it, I think the current state of play with 2 FO models is fine for the support's current situation which is a total shambles mirroring the Club, but going forward we do need to put past differences to bed once and for all. If we can do that, then we might have a chance.