believe Rangers should be run for the benefit of Rangers not as some subsidiary of Sports Direct. Whyte never changed his modus operandi when he got control of Rangers neither did Green and it is fanciful to think that Ashley would change his. A business model of Ashley loaning us money to chase European glory is frankly suicidal.

I think it's rather tragic that we still have some supporters who are so misguided that they honestly think Ashley goal is to have us competing in the CL. It just beggars belief.

I think it's rather tragic that we still have some supporters who are so misguided that they honestly think Ashley goal is to have us competing in the CL. It just beggars belief.

As I've said before, the dropping of the term "Champions League" into the general lexicon on a particular issue was a devious and clever spinning tool that has a soothing effect regards opinion on any prospective Ashely involvement. However it jumps straight from the our present situation and places us in the CL group stages without telling us how this would happen and how it would be funded.

A lazy media tend to then use it and help the spin gain credibility and for many it becomes accepted fact.

Green was more blatant regards his "staying until the CL music was playing at Ibrox" but it fed duped supporters intoxicating sweeties and mental imagery.

I believe Rangers should be run for the benefit of Rangers not as some subsidiary of Sports Direct. Whyte never changed his modus operandi when he got control of Rangers neither did Green and it is fanciful to think that Ashley would change his. A business model of Ashley loaning us money to chase European glory is frankly suicidal.

Maybe I'm third time lucky in getting an answer: do you think that the Rangers support would bring him any of the merchandise sales you say earning him millions if they have a team lingering in the Championship or lower half of the Premiership? They know full well what happens with their money and if they see their club being stripped blank by Ashley for no return whatsoever, do you think they would still buy those hundreds and thousands of jerseys? Rangers do not have 30 to 50m coming in from TV money, so they can keep going like Newcastle do - despite much of their merchandise money goes Ashley's way.

No-one wants a Newcastle scenario with Ashley giving us a loan and grabbing us by the balls. Should this King deal fail, either because of board-room opposition or that of the shareholders, what is left though. admin? Thanks, but I'd rather have an Ashley loan that can be dealt with in 2 or 5 or 10 years, rather than another fiasco like in 2012.

Do you just read half sentences and imagine the rest and twist it to your reasoning? Ashley's here to make money, no-one disputes that. He might get some money by keeping us with as low investment (i.e. loans) as possible. That will not be rewarded by the support who full well know where the money goes. With rather limited investment he could get quite a few things with Rangers that are out of sight for him with Newcastle - aside from earning millions in merchandise. Whether he thinks along the same lines is anyone's guess To dismiss it outright is stretching it though.

Maybe I'm third time lucky in getting an answer: do you think that the Rangers support would bring him any of the merchandise sales you say earning him millions if they have a team lingering in the Championship or lower half of the Premiership? They know full well what happens with their money and if they see their club being stripped blank by Ashley for no return whatsoever, do you think they would still buy those hundreds and thousands of jerseys? Rangers do not have 30 to 50m coming in from TV money, so they can keep going like Newcastle do - despite much of their merchandise money goes Ashley's way.

You keep missing the point, Ashley won't be doing what's right for Rangers but what's right for Sports Direct, the maximum possible return for the lowest possible outlay. The prospect of laying out millions in the vain hope of an uplift in merchandise sales ain't going to happen as the risk return ratio is too great.

Of course the Rangers support will still keep buying the merchandise earning him millions if the team were lingering in the Championship or lower half of the Premiership just as they did in the 3rd Division, 2nd Division and continue to do in the Championship. You watched the club being stripped blank by Green but you still forked out for a Rangers TV subscription didn't you?

No-one wants a Newcastle scenario with Ashley giving us a loan and grabbing us by the balls. Should this King deal fail, either because of board-room opposition or that of the shareholders, what is left though. admin? Thanks, but I'd rather have an Ashley loan that can be dealt with in 2 or 5 or 10 years, rather than another fiasco like in 2012.

You think he hasn't already grabbed us by the balls?

The only question is, how hard is he going to squeeze them?

You keep missing the point, Ashley won't be doing what's right for Rangers but what's right for Sports Direct, the maximum possible return for the lowest possible outlay. The prospect of laying out millions in the vain hope of an uplift in merchandise sales ain't going to happen as the risk return ratio is too great.

As I replied to Daenerys' lapdog ...

Do you just read half sentences and imagine the rest and twist it to your reasoning? Ashley's here to make money, no-one disputes that. He might get some money by keeping us with as low investment (i.e. loans) as possible. That will not be rewarded by the support who full well know where the money goes. With rather limited investment he could get quite a few things with Rangers that are out of sight for him with Newcastle - aside from earning millions in merchandise. Whether he thinks along the same lines is anyone's guess To dismiss it outright is stretching it though.

Of course the Rangers support will still keep buying the merchandise earning him millions if the team were lingering in the Championship or lower half of the Premiership just as they did in the 3rd Division, 2nd Division and continue to do in the Championship. You watched the club being stripped blank by Green but you still forked out for a Rangers TV subscription didn't you?

You obviously knew what would be done with all the IPO money et all, didn't you? And how the Ashley deals were structured? By now all Bears know where the money goes and while everyone seems to be in agreement that King won't and shall not line the pockets of the undesirables, you tell me that after all the revelations of this year the Bears will just go on buying tops et al from SD shops?

You think he hasn't already grabbed us by the balls?

The only question is, how hard is he going to squeeze them?

He's sure closing in to get us like he's got Newcastle. He's not there just yet, but given our state of affairs, only King can prevent him from making it.

As I replied to Daenerys' lapdog ...

How many variations of the "he can only make money if we're successful" fairy story are you going to peddle before it finally clicks?

You obviously knew what would be done with all the IPO money et all, didn't you? And how the Ashley deals were structured? By now all Bears know where the money goes and while everyone seems to be in agreement that King won't and shall not line the pockets of the undesirables, you tell me that after all the revelations of this year the Bears will just go on buying tops et al from SD shops?

Plenty money going to be made out of RFC but it doesn't look like it'll be Joe Punter making it but once those transients who have suckled from the tit of RFC ride onto the sunset their trouser pockets stuffed full of filthy lucre what then for Rangers?

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?50691

He's sure closing in to get us like he's got Newcastle. He's not there just yet, but given our state of affairs, only King can prevent him from making it.

King cannot prevent anything it's long past the stage of that being possible, our future is now in the hands of Ashley alone.

Selling Rangers jerseys will make little difference to Ahsley's philosophy if we end up trading our trademarks and brand value (club badges and crests) for a loan. Ashley will make far more from those than he could hope to from the sale of our merchandise. The idea of having to get Sports Direct (Ashley) permission to use our own club badges and crests is hideous.

I would rather admin 2 than Ashley basically owning everything to do with Rangers, knowing that the only interest he really has is the enhancement of Sports Direct's value proposition.

Selling Rangers jerseys will make little difference to Ahsley's philosophy if we end up trading our trademarks and brand value (club badges and crests) for a loan. Ashley will make far more from those than he could hope to from the sale of our merchandise. The idea of having to get Sports Direct (Ashley) permission to use our own club badges and crests is hideous.

The frightening aspect is not only would we be left with a loan debt, but we might even end up having to PAY Ashley for the privilege of using our own Club's branding.

and of course it will all be the SFAs fault because they wouldn't let Ashley increase his shareholding and the only way he could "help" was by a loan. It's obvious how they will spin it and some of our support will lap it all up.