whats your option then? go with the easdales and keep it as it is? Sell our soul to Ashley and let him turn us into Sports Direct United? Next to these two King and Co are a standout.

No, Ashley and his pals have shown repeatedly that they are not the answer, but that doesn't mean that King is.

I look across the city and see what can be reached with a biscuit tin attitude, I look down South and across Europe and see what can be achieved with sugar daddy's running the show, football is dominated with rich bloke's looking for a 'fix' while running a top football club and the attention that goes with it, invites to special dinners and such are irresistible to these types, they all want a place at the top table and Rangers arguably are a bigger club than most of them. Maybe Ashley is looking for that table since he's already reached 'elite' status on other fronts.

Newcastle will never give him that ticket.

One day all these 'rich' clubs will get passed on to who wants to play the game when their owners get 'fed up' and look for other ways to enjoy their leisure. This will go on and on and it's imperative we get on board.

You quite obviously have no idea about the type of person Ashley is. He has no desire to be wined and dined by the great and the good. He is by all reports a pretty decent, extremely generous, down to earth bloke.....after hours.

I look across the city and see what can be reached with a biscuit tin attitude, I look down South and across Europe and see what can be achieved with sugar daddy's running the show, football is dominated with rich bloke's looking for a 'fix' while running a top football club and the attention that goes with it, invites to special dinners and such are irresistible to these types, they all want a place at the top table and Rangers arguably are a bigger club than most of them. Maybe Ashley is looking for that table since he's already reached 'elite' status on other fronts.

Newcastle will never give him that ticket.

One day all these 'rich' clubs will get passed on to who wants to play the game when their owners get 'fed up' and look for other ways to enjoy their leisure. This will go on and on and it's imperative we get on board.

All due respect you don't appear to have a shred of knowledge about what you are talking about.

No, Ashley and his pals have shown repeatedly that they are not the answer, but that doesn't mean that King is.

all i am saying is that king is the best option that we have. you question me on the matter so who is your preferred option then? or are you just happy to criticise?

all i am saying is that king is the best option that we have. you question me on the matter so who is your preferred option then? or are you just happy to criticise?

If you have the details to King's plans, share them with the group. All I have seen is a series of headline figures and nothing of substance. My only want is to see the removal of those who have overseen all that has gone on and any of them remaining on the scene is not an option. If you see that as nothing more than me being happy to criticise, so be it.

Edited by Rangersitis

Not an assumption at but a fact that's how the great and the good of the stock market place a valuation but no doubt you'll know different. Didn't those across the city just report a merchandising of £4.8m ?

Ye Olde "he can only make money by making us a success" chestnut. Did you not learn anything from spouting that re Whyte and Green?

Depends how you define "positive", is having us finish 3rd bottom of the top tier year in year out a success so long as it avoids an administration event or is merely avoiding administration in itself positive enough?

And a King and Ashley deal is something you don't countenance?

There is absolutely no doubt that if Mike Ashley wants us badly enough then he will get us but while we know exactly what he would get out of such a scenario is crystal clear indications from his running of Newcastle don't emit an abundance of positivity in our direction.

Was just about to reply when coming across that line while reading your remarks. Born out of vage and hardly proveable remarks back than - quite a few correct, though - you managed to climb a moral high ground in these kind discussions that border on arrogancy. At least when swinging compliments about. Which is quite sad, as much what you write is rather knowledgable.

Was just about to reply when coming across that line while reading your remarks. Born out of vage and hardly proveable remarks back than - quite a few correct, though - you managed to climb a moral high ground in these kind discussions that border on arrogancy. At least when swinging compliments about. Which is quite sad, as much what you write is rather knowledgable.

FS consistently gets things correct. You consistently get things wrong but still act as if your opinion counts above others, even when noboby ever agrees with you. FS is not the arrogant one.

Here's the crux though, you did maintain that they could only make money from us by running us successfully.

Granted you were far from alone in doing so.