I wouldnt disagree with that but I think he would be more financialy beneficial for the longer term than King &co would be able to offer

I'm not a fan of either, but King put in £20m before and it wasn't a loan.

It is possible that a King consortium could find the means to put more money into the club - money that will not have to be paid back.

Ashley has loaned a substantial sum to Newcastle, but one way or another, he wants it back. There is a difference here, and we should not let personal feelings towards either man cloud the issue.

The well-being of Rangers, short and long term, is probably a far higher priority with King than it will ever be with Ashley. I don't think we should forget that.

Not that this hasn't been said time and again, Rab. Much like saying why Newcastle isn't a success and you do wonder why people ask such type of questions, as if they have never looked at who Newcastle is up against in the EPL. Right now, the Magpies are in the bottom half of the table. After 8 matchdays Borussia Dortmund is 14th in the BL too. What does that tell us about their business credentials or whether they are being run as a success -at this moment and time?

But I ask again, why would he invest in Rangers at all if not to get us into the top tier, win trophies and see us into Europe? Solely to sell his SD stuff in our fanshops? Or to sell us on a profit (should he be able to do so) in a few years time? What makes him tick then?

I've previously explained to you why Ashley invests in Rangers and it's not a mutually beneficial arrangement.

So here goes again it's a real simple formula.

Sports Direct trades on a P/E ratio of circa 20 which means each £1m of profit has a market value (in share price terms) of £20m, Ashley holds circa 54% of the Sports Direct shares ergo giving him personally circa £10m for every £m profit that he can extract from Rangers. Merchandise profits of circa £5m could well be attained and that would be worth circa £100m to Sports Direct and circa half that to Ashley, not a bad return for an investment of circa £2m and that doesn't include the value to Sports Direct of the free advertising when Ibrox is eventually splattered with Sports Direct sign and banners et al.

Yep, once again running blindly into God knows what.

whats your option then? go with the easdales and keep it as it is? Sell our soul to Ashley and let him turn us into Sports Direct United? Next to these two King and Co are a standout.

whats your option then? go with the easdales and keep it as it is? Sell our soul to Ashley and let him turn us into Sports Direct United? Next to these two King and Co are a standout.

King & Co will require the majority support of shareholders at an EGM or AGM to allow a shares issue which allowed the likes of KIng and Co to invest will they not? Will they get that majority?

King & Co will require the majority support of shareholders at an EGM or AGM to allow a shares issue which allowed the likes of KIng and Co to invest will they not? Will they get that majority?

They'll need 75% of votes cast and they won't get that without the acquiescence of Ashley.

I don't think Ashley wants to buy us at all. Who is going to ditch an EPL team for one in the SPL ? newcastle games will be sold to a far wider audience than we could get probably even the CL qualifiers we hope to reach.

My gues is his alternative funding will be an interest free loan as long as he gets advertising at Ibrox and the rights to the badge

Frankly if the Easdale front goes for this, it tells us what we know already.

Ashley would prefer we stay in a coma in intensive care, so he can keep us alive and keep stealing our body parts for free.

i expect kingco have put forward an excellent offer here that will no doubt be refused forthewith.

move will then be made to make sure it's ever allowed to be offered again

I wouldn't rule anything out.

Rangers need finance and if not from King & co then who?

I just happen to believe King has played this out abysmally over the past year or so and have said so consistently so. He's left this too late in the day IMO