What? We all know why. He wants to profit.

He'll only get that if Rangers fans buy his merchandise stuff. If the club lingers on in Championship and Premiership no-where land, do you expect that we'll flock to Ibrox or his shops and buy stuff and get him these x millions? If someone is as profit and success-driven as Ashley, wouldn't you expect him to get the best out of as little investment as he can? By investing comparatively little, he could make Rangers another gold mine. Right now it is barely a badly run coal mine.

He'll only get that if Rangers fans buy his merchandise stuff. If the club lingers on in Championship and Premiership no-where land, do you expect that we'll flock to Ibrox or his shops and buy stuff and get him these x millions? If someone is as profit and success-driven as Ashley, wouldn't you expect him to get the best out of as little investment as he can? By investing comparatively little, he could make Rangers another gold mine. Right now it is barely a badly run coal mine.

If someone else wants to invest, I would think Ashley will be quite happy as long as he profits from the investment. In fact he may even demand more if the investors are daft enough.

You completely ignore the points that Forlan made to you and continue in the same vein.

After getting it wrong so many times, you really should consider listening to people like Forlan who actually know what they are talking about.

DB...:brick::coolio:...FS

Rangers already is a gold mine for Ashley and that's what he'll protect the gold mine not the club.

If he decides he can extract more gold for Sports Direct by taking complete ownership then he'll do that, if he thinks it's Sports Directs interest to jump into bed with Dave King then he'll do that, if he thinks it's in Sports Directs interest to keep the Easdales egos fed as Greenco's stooges then that's what he'll do.

It's only ever been about the filthy lucre it's never been about a successful football club.

You completely ignore the points that Forlan made to you and continue in the same vein.

After getting it wrong so many times, you really should consider listening to people like Forlan who actually know what they are talking about.

FS has his opinions and I have mine. Whether his are better or more correct is up for debate. I far from ignoring FS' stuff, I just don't see it as clear cut as he does. You would do well stopping this continuous attempts of belittle my opinions though - if only for a better climate on Gersnet.

Rangers already is a gold mine for Ashley and that's what he'll protect the gold mine not the club. ...

That's essentially what I am saying, BTW. It remains to be seen whether he wants to make this current deal even better, should he get the chance.

FS has his opinions and I have mine. Whether his are better or more correct is up for debate. I far from ignoring FS' stuff, I just don't see it as clear cut as he does. You would do well stopping this continuous attempts of belittle my opinions though - if only for a better climate on Gersnet.

would be a very short debate.

someone who believes they are always correct and cannot see another person's opinion. how sad you are

In the interests of board harmony, I have reduced my output regards the poking of gratuitous humour at you DB

However, there are times when it is very relevant and simply needs to be said.

With that in mind there should be no false walls erected to hide behind or indeed for anyone to bang their head off.