Some bizarre comments again today from Easdale:

"I think [the fans] need to make their own minds up. They have to realise we are working hard to achieve that."

Sandy Easdale on Derek Llambias' appointment at Rangers: "I just said hello, we haven't had any discussions at all."

"I don't know who he is here on behalf of. I just said hello to the guy in the corridor."

yet some people think he's doing a great job. I wouldn't use bizarre, I would use lying.

Does he expect us to believe he doesn't know who Llambias represents?

Genuinely no idea what's he trying to achieve with such comments.

It's ludicrous.

He has to at least be seen keeping a distance because he isn't on RIFC board.

That is presuming Llambias is 'applying' for a position with RIFC, rather than TRFC.

Although he might end up on both.

The Board is pleased to announce that the Company's subsidiary, The Rangers Football Club Limited ("RFCL") has entered into a credit facility agreement with MASH Holdings Limited ("MASH") pursuant to which MASH shall make available the sum of £2 million for drawdown by the Company (the "Facility"). MASH is a shareholder in the Company holding 8.92% of the voting rights in the Company. The Facility shall be secured by standard security granted by the Company over Edmiston House and Albion car park. The Facility shall be for a 6 month term and is interest free. The Facility will be used by the Company for general working capital purposes. Under the terms of the Facility MASH has the right to appoint up to 2 directors on the board of directors of RFCL.

Further to the announcement made on 8 October 2014, the Company has entered into a letter agreement with MASH (the "Withdrawal Letter") pursuant to which the Company has invited MASH to put forward the names of 2 nominees of its choice for appointment to the Board, such appointments being subject to all necessary regulatory approvals being successfully completed for such persons nominated by MASH. In addition, the Company confirms that MASH has agreed the immediate withdrawal, by virtue of the Withdrawal Letter, of the notice served by MASH on the Company on 7 October 2014 requiring the Company to convene a general meeting of the Shareholders of the Company to put resolutions to such Shareholders for the removal of Mr Graham Wallace and Mr Philip Nash as directors of the Company

http://rangers.g3dhosting.com/regulatory_news_article/407

This business about 'applying' may have something to do with the "necessary regulatory approvals being successfully completed for such persons nominated by MASH"...and would indicate Llambias is looking at the RIFC board to begin with. Further backed up by Easdale looking to put distance between any such process and himself.

I'd appreciate that if the fella hadn't been all over the press in tje previous 24 hours.

It's just stupidity trying to deny he knows who Llambias is.

I think that they just enjoy taking the piss out of everyone, and it has become increasingly noticeable.

I'd appreciate that if the fella hadn't been all over the press in tje previous 24 hours.

I'm not defending him, just saying what the reason behind it (probably) is.

The point I take from it, or an opinion that is re-inforced, is that our corporate goverance is very questionable, a mess that they try and cover up.

Come on, he comes from Greenock!

On a sidenote ... have we got any clue how much (if anything) the Easdales got and get from the club? Salary, wages, bonuses et al?

Very good question.

You see, the thing here is, there was an interview a wee while back when the Sandy version of the brotherhood said that they don't get any money at all and just have bought the shares and gave the club the interest-free loan. You can obviously believe this at your own peril, but some facts would be interesting.