I must admit I am gutted that we have drawn the bheasts in the league cup semi. I really didnt want to play them again, ever, if I am honest after the events of the last few years, coupled with the fact that this is without doubt the very worst Rangers team in our entire history and any honest Bear will know that we "should" be on the receiving end of a horrible afternoon. I know the bheasts are pish as well, but they will be really up for this like no other, and having watched our management and play every week I fear our tactics, player selection & positional play will give us very little chance of an upset, with all our efforts focused on keeping the score respectable.

I will need to think long and hard before deciding if I will even go to this one, it will be a truly horrible atmosphere, with the media having stoked it up all winter in a bid to create some interest in buying/listening to their failing rags/ratings. There is also the consideration of with the money for the game being split between the corrupt SPFL, the bheasts and Ashley, that is really a horrible trio of profiteers for my cash.

I just hope Ally doesn't play anyone who's likely to be targeted as someone easy to wind-up and get sent off.

I'm thinking of a French-Tunisian defender with a habit of bad mistakes and getting into trouble.

I must admit I am gutted that we have drawn the bheasts in the league cup semi. I really didnt want to play them again, ever, if I am honest after the events of the last few years, coupled with the fact that this is without doubt the very worst Rangers team in our entire history and any honest Bear will know that we "should" be on the receiving end of a horrible afternoon. I know the bheasts are pish as well, but they will be really up for this like no other, and having watched our management and play every week I fear our tactics, player selection & positional play will give us very little chance of an upset, with all our efforts focused on keeping the score respectable.

I will need to think long and hard before deciding if I will even go to this one, it will be a truly horrible atmosphere, with the media having stoked it up all winter in a bid to create some interest in buying/listening to their failing rags/ratings. There is also the consideration of with the money for the game being split between the corrupt SPFL, the bheasts and Ashley, that is really a horrible trio of profiteers for my cash.

There is nothing in Scottish football quite like an Old Firm game. The tension beforehand and the joy or depression afterwards is in a league of its own. Celtic stands in the way of any ambition that we might have and if we didn't play them - our only real rivals - Scottish football would be as empty as it has been since we ended up in the fourth division.

I'm not sure that we like them any less now than we did before this saga began. We played them when they hated us before and we'll probably play them long into the future, and it's unlikely that a mutual admiration society will break out.

I would, however, have been content to avoid them until we are back in the top tier. I have no real expectation of a result. We'll probably play as though we were up against Barcelona in the Nou Camp by adopting a backs to the wall, safety-first negative formation. In seriously competitive football, it's about all we know.

Celtic should win with plenty to spare in what will be a difficult game to watch, especially for us. There's always a fear that we could get royally gubbed, and if that was to happen, it would cause further humiliation and rub salt into our many gaping wounds.

Edited by Hildy

Playing Celtic is about the only interesting thing that happens in our season. That and European football, though there's no point even thinking about that anymore. I don't know about you but the last two and a bit seasons have been morbid.

Why would you not want to play them? I find that bizarre. It's the only interesting thing that happens in Scotland.