The offer was for shares - not to spend £16m in January.

Meanwhile Ashley apparently withholds the money you and I spent in the Rangers shop. Happy with that?

He couldn't have got those shares(51% I believe) without shareholder approval granting an EGM. That was never going to happen.

Ashley won't withhold the retail money forever. It will be released in due course

How dare a football club depend on fans money, they should be shot for having the cheek to expect it, in fact we should boycott them.

No wait!!! Why not support the team like football fans generally do and just slag off the NON-SUPPORTERS?

The Club has no right to expect my money, it has to earn it and quite frankly it has not - from a convicted criminal in the boardroom to the performances on the pitch it is failing hoplessly

He couldn't have got those shares(51% I believe) without shareholder approval granting an EGM. That was never going to happen.

Ashley won't withhold the retail money forever. It will be released in due course

I never said he was going to get the shares - I just countered your suggestion that he was throwing money at the club.

I'm puzzled you're so comfortable with this onerous contract.

Just to be clear though, are you happy your money is being withheld from the club while it has to ask the same people for loans?

Oh yeh..he's done such a good job with Newcastle!

Methink we've done that to death by now. We hardly can compare anything he does with/for Newcastle with what he will be able and willing to do with Rangers. He sure wants to make money with us, but the way it works with Newcastle is not the way it will work with Rangers. That said, if he goes the Magpies way with us, he's got a genuine chance to add fame and silverware to his name, ego, and - first and foremost - brand, something he's hardly able to do with the Magpies. In that, it's hardly different than what SDM did, only that we will not be in the hands of banks et al, but of a billionaire who will not see his investment go down the drain. In short, the ghosts of impending doom are banished for the time being, if not for good. The spectres that we face now still look dreadful enough though, but from a different point of view.