"It has been mentioned on RC tonite that there are rumours that cashly has had enuf and may walk away from Rangers as there may not be any money to make due to fans boycott"

Copied this from another forum.

This rumour allied to the rumour that Ashley and King may be talking? Could be something in Ashley wanting an exit.

Not sure what Ashley walking away would mean?

An end to the retail deal? It seems a bit of a no-lose situation for him given the apparent weighting in his favour, plus he just signed an updated agreement recently and not that much has changed since then., Perhaps he's not getting the required level of return for his investors but I can't see us having that material an effect.

Pulling the existing loan? Presumably he's getting interest on it and a higher rate than he'd get from the bank and he has it secured so where's the downside?

Not giving is more financing? Possibly. We don't know what's promised but not giving away bad money after good doesn't mean he'll be walking away.

Sorry, but I just don't see what his incentive for walking away at this point it.

I think Derek LLambias will be very important in this . I'm guessing he's at ibrox most days , he'll be tapped into the social media.

If he thinks that the boycott/stay away thing is an "existential threat " to his guvnors money ( notwithstanding the security etc) he might advise Ashley to pull the plug on further funding and we could crash and burn before the share offering ( could we?).

That said he's probably in a position to use that as a threat to other shareholders , sell out to me or I'll pull the plug and you'll get hee haw. Like a baddy in a western cutting of the water supply to the poor wee widows ranch.

So he'll do a formal risk assessment.

Totally respect Gunslingers and Zappas view but I'm not sure if DL would be able to say to Ashley " do X, y and Z " and they'll all come back, because that list of things is going to get longer and longer as time goes on . The more fans stay away the more difficult its going to be to get them back off the golf course, out the pub, off the x-box or the missus.

Ditto if we ( the fans) decide to destroy the club and start again ......I'm not sure the vast majority would have the appetite .

No easy being a bear eh ?

I think Derek LLambias will be very important in this . I'm guessing he's at ibrox most days , he'll be tapped into the social media.

If he thinks that the boycott/stay away thing is an "existential threat " to his guvnors money ( notwithstanding the security etc) he might advise Ashley to pull the plug on further funding and we could crash and burn before the share offering ( could we?).

That said he's probably in a position to use that as a threat to other shareholders , sell out to me or I'll pull the plug and you'll get hee haw. Like a baddy in a western cutting of the water supply to the poor wee widows ranch.

So he'll do a formal risk assessment.

Totally respect Gunslingers and Zappas view but I'm not sure if DL would be able to say to Ashley " do X, y and Z " and they'll all come back, because that list of things is going to get longer and longer as time goes on . The more fans stay away the more difficult its going to be to get them back off the golf course, out the pub, off the x-box or the missus.

Ditto if we ( the fans) decide to destroy the club and start again ......I'm not sure the vast majority would have the appetite .

No easy being a bear eh ?

the list is very short in reality. win the spl and people will flock back.

even a sensible prospect of doing so will bring them back.

Wasnt that what I was arguing last time around .....if that was the case then surely Ashley and fans interests are aligned . I thought that there was an opinion that a mediocre Rangers would be good enough ?

we have no idea if ashley cares if we win the league though. or if he is prepared to do what is required to get us there. dave king says it will take 50 million and he has it lined up. I tend to agree with dave king.

ashley hasn't even said he wants us winning it. nor is he likely to.

every and any owner will live or die by results.

i would also add that the easdales will have to go. at the championship presentation last season they were on the screen and being loudly booed. no recovery will ever involve them.

if ashley pumps in 50 million investment or any smaller amount that wins us the league he will be loved.

even by me,

Edited by the gunslinger

Wasnt that what I was arguing last time around .....if that was the case then surely Ashley and fans interests are aligned . I thought that there was an opinion that a mediocre Rangers would be good enough ?

As an aside CM, I used to love reading the Edge cowboy series back in the late seventies and eighties, i was laid up in hospital for a few months back then, and the guy in the next bed gave one of the serial books of Edge, i then got my family to bring me in any they could get.