Has Ally got coaching qualifications ?

What is a qualification anyway? Look at some of the idiots who have driving licences yet should be nowhere near the road. His coaching badges mean nothing in terms of his ability, God even Durrant has them! Anyone can get them if your willing to part with the few grand It takes to get them.

I see where you are coming from and hence why 1 or 2 results would be swept under the carpet but the list of results is building up, and just have a look at the opposition. The other thing is the level of performance has been dreadful.

Im pretty sure we could also go back to pre admin with the Maribor results etc and that was with a pretty decent team.

End of the day he just isn't the man who should be leading Rangers, its been known for too long.

As I said in my first reply to your OP, there's no defending Ally, his coaching staff and the players who were fielded for some of those results, but if we're going to be critical of him I think it should be done fairly.

There's people on here who've done virtually nothing since they joined the forum other than moan and bitch about Ally and post stuff verging on vitriol about their thoughts on him.

It's repetitive and even more embarrassing than watching one of Ally's teams struggling. Yes, we all know Ally is probably the worst manager the Club's ever had, but the Club's at it's lowest and worst ebb in it's entire history for reasons that have absolutely NOTHING to do with Ally.

Again, I'm not defending Ally or trying to make any excuses for the poor football. Let's be fair though, that's all I'm asking.

what is being fair though? should we not be demanding better? should we not point out the poor results? should we not point out he as no positive attributes?

or are we just supposed to be nice while pointing that out?

it's a burning issue we can't ignore it. certainly not while we sit second in the league with 10 points dropped already. heaven knows how bad that number will be next season.

where is the balance? or what is it?

What is a qualification anyway? Look at some of the idiots who have driving licences yet should be nowhere near the road. His coaching badges mean nothing in terms of his ability, God even Durrant has them! Anyone can get them if your willing to part with the few grand It takes to get them.

I'd have thought the coaching qualification would have team tactics in its curriculum and obviously what you're saying could apply to any qualification.....there are idiots with degrees etc. Still would rather have a qualified idiot doctor than an unqualified one, if you get my meaning.

A lot of guys do their badges here in Belfast at an IFA course at Stranmillis College where I happen to do some contracting work.

I saw Barry Ferguson there doing his badges in the past year or two and Neil Lennon a few years back also.

The IFA's brochure for the Uefa 'A' licence states:

Course content, tasks and assessments are based upon the following competencies:

Football knowledge

• Management

• Use of technology

• Psychology

• Personal presentation and media skills

I would expect the Uefa Pro Licence just adds to those competencies but at the end of the day you can either coach or you can't.

In my opinion having a vast knowledge of a subject doesn't necessarily make a person a great teacher or leader.

It's fine for people to compare us to Hearts, but the comparison isn't necessarily a fair one because the situation at the two clubs following the respective admin/insolvency events was completely different.

Hearts were in Administration for a long time. As such they had a signing ban preventing (possibly more restrictive than ours) them bringing in new players. They also HAD to get rid of basically ALL their high earners. Despite this they put up a valiant fight at the bottom of the Premiership - as said before, if it wasn't for their points deduction, they would probably have stayed up. Once they could sign players, they signed well - and probably paying a lot less than we were.

It is correct to say that both admin/insolvency events were completely different - Hearts though have bounced back...we haven't!!!

Calling clubs and their players 'dross' is really disrespectful gunslinger.

When we were in the 3rd & 4th tier playing so-called 'dross' some of those very same teams were meeting SPL teams (who weren't in disarray like us) in the Cups and often giving them really tough games and even causing upsets.

In fact, there were even Highland and Junior League sides doing the same and there's DOZENS of examples. One that springs to mind is a very strong Hearts team before their admin event being extremely fortunate indeed to beat Auchinleck Talbot at Tynecastle a couple of years ago.

Another one that springs to mind is Celtic going up to Arbroath in the Scottish Cup and being very VERY lucky to walk away with a win.

That's two examples where the better team just scraped through an extremely tough match, but there's numerous examples of SPL/top flight club defeats to lower league opposition in the past few years.

You have given specific examples of top tier teams struggling against lower tier teams - these were one off games. We have been doing it pretty much much week in-week out for the past few years. We have not developed as a team. We are paying premiership wages to play against the lowest teams in Scottish Pro Football, and struggling to perform. It isn't good enough.

Teams are no longer scared to play us - they all believe they can take points from us home or away!!!

Hearts though have bounced back...we haven't!!!

They have no-where nearly faced what we had to endure, on and off the park. There was hardly any great pressure on manager and players alike to perform like we demand to see from anyone wearing our colours. Likewise, every plummer, postmen and whatnot gave and give us a cup-fight each time they get out onto the field of play - to earn themselves a place in the history of their respective club and possibly even a job with a real professional club. We had that 24/7 since admin with players - overpaid or not - who were hardly up to our standards and are still hardly up to Rangers standards. Did Hearts face that? We can expect these standards all day long, but by now it should have been clear that neither the players nor the manager are actually capable of delivering that 24/7, they are not even up to delivering it every other week. Yet, while not accepting it as a given for the future, we should likewise not consistently drum about the lack of quality and consistency that we would demand of a star-studded team of the early 2000s. it is not there and will not be there under this coach and with these players. It is the stark reality and most of us have learned to cope with it for the time being. There is no doubt that letting off steam at the shambles that our team and management offers us all too often os okay. But one can still do that fairly, as has been pointed out.

There is no doubt that this current Hearts team has coped with their situation admirably, that they have bought/signed good and that they click right now. That does not make them an Über-team though and a look at the table will confirm that a) it is November and b) they are still with us. Do we know that they are doing well business-wise, whether they can actualy sustain their players, that they might become the role-model for a club in admin? Had it not been for their lady benefactor, they might have gone bust like others did before them.

I could excuse the poor results... I could even excuse poor performances.... If I could see some semblance of progression in terms of the PHILOSOPHY.

Whilst other clubs have evolved into a 4-3-3/4-5-1 philosophy depending on whether in or out of possession and other clubs have deployed effectively a back 2 or 3 (ala Barca) whilst having a number of moving bodies in midfield making it a nightmare to track and mark them.... we as a Club have literally gone back 30 freaking years !! - We are playing the same type of football Wimbledon played - back to front. Big, physical guy up front to win high balls.

Talk about dark ages. We have absolutely NO Club philosophy whatsoever - certainly not one which will bring people back to games. And the worst part is this was the PERFECT opportunity to do so as we were pretty much guaranteed promotion to this stage anyway - with the players at the club's disposal as well as the youth coming through (I challenge any of you to go watch the youth games - they play football the way it SHOULD be played - on the deck, good touch, good positional sense, good movement and good distribution). There was absolutely no reason we couldn't have a ball-playing CB, over-lapping full backs (ok, we get that in Wallace and Foster tries, but clearly not good enough) and what is the point of having players such as Templeton, Aird, McKay, MacLeod when all you are going to do is BY-PASS them.

And, for that reason, I have not renewed my online season ticket for the first time since they were introduced.

I know a bit about football.... I coach here too - but we are tactically naïve and that can be nobody's fault but the managers.

I defended Ally for as long as I could possibly stomach. But the time has come. He really isn't up to the job. Sadly, the ONLY thing he seems to concern himself with is results - and that is ok for him - but Rangers fans demand the performance too. Not all the time but if you had a philosophy then we could buy into it. There is, quite literally, nothing worth buying into at our Club.

What a sad entity we have become.