It's actually working out quite a bit more than that Frankie. I reckon between buying the shirt, getting it embroidered and posting and packing it costs us about £19. All the rest is going into shares. There are no admin charges as we are all doing the work for nothing in our own time.

Outstanding pal. Imagine, just imagine. 5.5m fans worldwide, 250k in Manchester, 50k at Ibrox on a good day. The people are there but there is something missing.........

Outstanding pal. Imagine, just imagine. 5.5m fans worldwide, 250k in Manchester, 50k at Ibrox on a good day. The people are there but there is something missing.........

I think my car might struggle taking that number of shirts to the post office.:champs:

It's actually working out quite a bit more than that Frankie. I reckon between buying the shirt, getting it embroidered and posting and packing it costs us about £19. All the rest is going into shares. There are no admin charges as we are all doing the work for nothing in our own time.

If only Rangers were getting a 40%+ profit margin from the Sports Direct merchandise sales!

If you want to publicly state you spend x amount of money raised through selling Rangers related merchandise to rangers fans as an alternative to the terrible set up the club is operating, you should have no qualms about backing that statement up. I think we can all understand wanting the bare minimum of transparency in the current climate? No?

A month or so ago I would have thought it obvious buying merchandise from the official stores would benefit Rangers to a greater extend than anyone else. That obviously was a wrong conclusion. Fool me once and all that. If you want to show the way it should be done then do so. If I cannot take the word of the club then why should I take the word of strangers? That obviously has to be extrapolated across the support. Looking at public accounts when released is after the fact and no use to nobody.

Not into factions and all the little groups, but at the same time don't see what is wrong in asking to see some evidence before I consider making any purchase.All they have to do is show turnover against shares bought minus share bought through separate funding. In the most basic of ways.

If information is to be kept private and only for the consumption of RST members or only RST members can access the information to assuage their concerns and no public information will be forthcoming then surely sales should be limited to RST members?

If you want to involve the whole support as one fund raising community then do so, in a full and frank manner. Pretty sad if transparency is denied because of fear of other factions of the support or how they will twist. Might as well call it a day then.

Do we have anyone who leads the way and shows how it should be done based on the principles of our founding fathers? All these groups/factions and nowt but words and pettiness. Stop worrying about others and start worrying about self. These tops could be a great idea and a great alternative for fans don't ruin it with obtuseness.

The Scotsman have just published an article about this - http://www.scotsman.com/sport/football/spfl-lower-divisions/rangers-fan-group-launches-alternative-strip-1-3632267

Rangers fan group launches alternative strip

A Rangers supporters group has launched an alternative home strip as they look to raise money to buy further shares in the Ibrox club.

The Rangers Supporters Trust (RST) today announced that was launching the strip with all proceeds invested in shares with a view to buying influence in the boardroom.

The new blue strip, priced just under £33, follows a red and black version previously released by the Trust.

The move comes after it was revealed that the club made only £2,000 from its marketing deal with Sports Direct in the first half of this year which is heavily weighted in favour of owner Mike Ashley.

The Newcastle owner has invested millions in the Ibrox club in recent years and now has representation on the club’s board through Derek Llambias.

An RST spokesman said: “We have had an incredible response to this online already. All the profit from the shirts will be given to the RST. That means that around £10 from the sale of each shirt will go to purchasing Rangers shares and it is our intention that all these funds will go directly into the club via a new share issue, if this is approved at the AGM.”

“We think this compares very favourably with the current retail deal and is a very effective way of supporting the club financially but with a view to giving the fans a much larger say in what goes on in the boardroom.”

“We’ve already sold over a thousand red and black shirts and indications are that the blue shirt will overtake that in the run-up to Christmas.”

The shirts are available from www.thelionbrand.co.uk and www.redandblackshirt.co.uk .