You originally stated that it was a realistic ambition to win the quadruple. In the sixty-six years that the treble has been available, it has been done ten times, seven of them by Rangers. That would say that even with the best of sides, it is realistic once in every ten years. There is a huge difference between an aim at the start of a season and what is realistically achievable by the end of it.

ambition

amˈbɪʃ(ə)n/

noun

noun: ambition; plural noun: ambitions

a strong desire to do or achieve something.

Why would the club with the second highest budget in the country not be expected to challenge for all domestic honours? Of course we enter every cup, league and tournament to win it. Otherwise why bother.

Also the domestic treble is Rangers and Celtics aim every single season that goes without saying, to deny it is just fucking embarrassing for yourself, arguing for arguing sake. Every manager we had went out to win the treble, every single year. Our club demanded that.

You said:

A realistic ambition of the current Rangers is a domestic quadruple.

Firstly, I'm not sure whether you meant it's a realistic ambition for the team, for the fans or both, but either way it's certainly not realistic. In fact it's verging on either being potty or taking the mickey because even before a ball was kicked competitively this season only nutcases or folk with their tongue in their cheek would have thought a domestic quadruple was realistic with this Rangers team.

Where I would agree though, is that the players should certainly believe they can win games and competitions, but belief isn't enough on it's own. They also need to be well organised, battling, positive, high in spirit and have a winning mentality to man, all things which this bunch of chancers masquerading as a Rangers team seem to be short of.

Struth employed underhand tactics not too dissimilar to those used by Green, Ashley and co. in his own power grab, something that doesn't get aired as frequently as the above quote.

Eh

could you talk us through this one please

Of course it is mate. Can't understand any Rangers fan who thinks otherwise.

there's a very real chance we could be on the wrong end of a hiding.

What? Don't talk nonsense, with respect. This mob just got pumped by Hearts, they won't be giving us a hiding or indeed taking points off us. Not a chance.

Kinda sums you up. Although you attempt to talk a good game, you really don't have a scooby about what is realistic and what is staring many of us straight in the face.

Kinda sums you up. Although you attempt to talk a good game, you really don't have a scooby about what is realistic and what is staring many of us straight in the face.

Oh dear. Mind games Casey, that's all that is. That's all it ever is when i predict Rangers games. Thought you of all people would have seen that. That is how i play. I try to always predict us to canter games and leagues, because we really should and it puts a nice wee pressure on the manager too. That is my game, it's so obvious. Next week v Livi, an easy 4-0 Rangers, dawdle. Because they really shouldn't be able to get near us but common sense says of course we will make it hard for ourselves, as we always do.

Oh dear. Mind games Casey, that's all that is. That's all it ever is when i predict Rangers games. Thought you of all people would have seen that. That is how i play. I try to always predict us to canter games and leagues, because we really should and it puts a nice wee pressure on the manager too. That is my game, it's so obvious. Next week v Livi, an easy 4-0 Rangers, dawdle. Because they really shouldn't be able to get near us but common sense says of course we will make it hard for ourselves, as we always do.

Aye, your posts on Gersnet heap pressure upon the manager! :D Roaster!