Ally felt the board were manouevering against them so he jumped the gun and threw the financially difficult if not impossible light back on to them. He still thinks he's the man to manage Rangers and he also thinks (with perhaps more justification) he's the last one fighting the Wigs from the inside. Politically Ally has put them in a tough spot and rallied the remnants of his support amongst the fanbase back around him as their shining leader.

For all his faults, he still has a Ranger aura about him. The others are just dividing up our body/carcass.

It's hopeless. We're f@cked if he goes and f@cked if he stays. Cf. buying season tickets, boycotting merchandise. Doesn't matter which option we choose - we're f@cked. And that is how it will remain. This became inevitable the day D&P were appointed.

You see this is where you get it all a bitty fucked up. If we had had a good manager powering us up though the leagues, playing good footy , building a team and a "football" club, the crowds would be pouring in, st's out the door and very few would give a shit about the ****s.. albeit rightly or wrongly. It's my opinion that its the football thats really keeping the bulk of fans away. It makes a decision to "boycott" quite easy when you have no desire to watch the pish anyway.you say onone hand ally is not the man for the job but on the other you have blind loyalty that appears to suggest he is untouchable. Thats what ally is feeding off and takes as his justification for hanging on to the bitter end. Try this to replace the comment i qoted you on...

You could change the ****s, keep the same manager and he will still destroy our football team....

I don't think that there are many, if any, arguing for McCoist to be kept on as manager, so your rejigged quote is not particularly relevant here.

no surrender.

Its never over until it is over. Until those gates are padlocked I will fight with every last breath along with thousands of others, we have barley even started to fight back.

Think Mr Struth spells it out rather succinctly.....

"I have been lucky - lucky in those who were around me from the boardroom to the dressing-room. In time of stress, their unstinted support, unbroken devotion to our club and calmness in adversity eased the task of making Rangers FC the premier club in this country.

"To be a Ranger is to sense the sacred trust of upholding all that such a name means in this shrine of football. They must be true in their conception of what the Ibrox tradition seeks from them. No true Ranger has ever failed in the tradition set him.

"Our very success, gained you will agree by skill, will draw more people than ever to see it. And that will benefit many more clubs than Rangers. Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase. It is healthy for us. We will never hide from it. Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity.

"No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers."

You must me having a laugh.

Why would the club with the second highest budget in the country not be expected to challenge for all domestic honours? Of course we enter every cup, league and tournament to win it. Otherwise why bother.

Edited by Super Cooper

Also the domestic treble is Rangers and Celtics aim every single season that goes without saying, to deny it is just fucking embarrassing for yourself, arguing for arguing sake. Every manager we had went out to win the treble, every single year. Our club demanded that.

no surrender.

Its never over until it is over. Until those gates are padlocked I will fight with every last breath along with thousands of others, we have barley even started to fight back.

Think Mr Struth spells it out rather succinctly.....

"I have been lucky - lucky in those who were around me from the boardroom to the dressing-room. In time of stress, their unstinted support, unbroken devotion to our club and calmness in adversity eased the task of making Rangers FC the premier club in this country.

"To be a Ranger is to sense the sacred trust of upholding all that such a name means in this shrine of football. They must be true in their conception of what the Ibrox tradition seeks from them. No true Ranger has ever failed in the tradition set him.

"Our very success, gained you will agree by skill, will draw more people than ever to see it. And that will benefit many more clubs than Rangers. Let the others come after us. We welcome the chase. It is healthy for us. We will never hide from it. Never fear, inevitably we shall have our years of failure, and when they arrive, we must reveal tolerance and sanity.

"No matter the days of anxiety that come our way, we shall emerge stronger because of the trials to be overcome. That has been the philosophy of the Rangers since the days of the gallant pioneers."

to be honest i dont think bill struth could have ever imagined the amount of shit the club would find its self these days. i know i certainly didnt . i didnt think we could sink any lower once we were stripped bare and sent down to the lower teir. how wrong i was!

At some point it all has to come to a head and the club will emerge from the other side. I very much doubt though it will be the same club we all grew up to adore other than the name.

Also the domestic treble is Rangers and Celtics aim every single season that goes without saying, to deny it is just fucking embarrassing for yourself, arguing for arguing sake. Every manager we had went out to win the treble, every single year. Our club demanded that.

You originally stated that it was a realistic ambition to win the quadruple. In the sixty-six years that the treble has been available, it has been done ten times, seven of them by Rangers. That would say that even with the best of sides, it is realistic once in every ten years. There is a huge difference between an aim at the start of a season and what is realistically achievable by the end of it.

Edited by Rangersitis

to be honest i dont think bill struth could have ever imagined the amount of shit the club would find its self these days. i know i certainly didnt . i didnt think we could sink any lower once we were stripped bare and sent down to the lower teir. how wrong i was!

At some point it all has to come to a head and the club will emerge from the other side. I very much doubt though it will be the same club we all grew up to adore other than the name.

Struth employed underhand tactics not too dissimilar to those used by Green, Ashley and co. in his own power grab, something that doesn't get aired as frequently as the above quote.

You originally stated that it was a realistic ambition to win the quadruple. In the sixty-six years that the treble has been available, it has been done ten times, seven of them by Rangers. That would say that even with the best of sides, it is realistic once in every ten years. There is a huge difference between an aim at the start of a season and what is realistically achievable by the end of it.

Include Celtic as i was talking about them too as a club with similar budgets and ambition at the time to ours, 10 trebles out of 66 possibles is pretty decent tbh between both clubs. Winning the quadruple was and is a realistic ambition, not expectation, of Rangers in the lower leagues with the second highest budget in the country and nothing anyone says will change that. It's what we should have been and probably would have been aiming for before a ball was kicked in our 3 years down in the lower leagues. I doubt anyone would have expected us to actually do it. As a club with a winning tradition we should always be aiming for the stars and for success on every level whether it is realistic or not. We are not a club who make up numbers. Or rather, we didn't used to be.