It would only be breach of contract if the Board refused his resignation and he still walked.

Ally : Here is my written notice

Board : You have a 12 month notice period, are you staying till that is expired ?

Ally : If you are OK with it I would like to waive the notice period and leave immediately, and I would like to waive my notice period salary and compensation

What do you think the Board would do if Ally had said that ? They would have bitten his hand off as they then get their man of choice in and at a fraction of the cost too. And it doesn't leave anyone in breach of contract.

i think they will say only if you sign a confidentiality notice.

ally will rightly say no.

then the board will start throwing cash at him

just think of the money Ally would make if he brought out a book all about these last three and a half years !!!!

Not just inside RANGERS but the SPL & SFA too.

Just think about letting everyone know what Rhegan & Doncaster really said. Or the SPL chairmen.

Would be a must read...........

why should he wait until he writes a book to further enrich his position?

if he had anything meaningful to say about any of this , should he not already have said it?

just think of the money Ally would make if he brought out a book all about these last three and a half years !!!!

Not just inside RANGERS but the SPL & SFA too.

Just think about letting everyone know what Rhegan & Doncaster really said. Or the SPL chairmen.

Would be a must read...........

He would get a pretty lucrative signing fee from the publishers for sure !

Making money from the club's woes. @?%*§

You have no idea what he would do with that fee though. I actually think it would be worth it for us all to actually hear what really is going on at Ibrox.

You have no idea what he would do with that fee though. I actually think it would be worth it for us all to actually hear what really is going on at Ibrox.

I wasn't being serious, but it would ultimately provoke a reaction such as that .

Edited by Rangersitis

Ally McCoist's Rangers future hangs in balance as board hold off on decision until after Monday AGM.

IT'S business as usual for the Rangers gaffer but his future remains unclear as board hold off until AGM on Monday to decide his fate.

THE future of Ally McCoist as Rangers boss remains in the balance as the board prepare to decide his fate after the agm.

McCoist met football board chairman Sandy Easdale and Mike Ashley confidante Derek Llambias for 45 minutes of talks at Ibrox yesterday.

But his future is no closer to being resolved, even after he wrote to the board last week and declared he’s invoking his 12-month contractual notice.

McCoist has been told to carry on as usual and will be in the dugout for the visit of Livingston this weekend.

Discussions between the manager and boardroom powerbrokers were amicable and cordial – there were no showdowns or compromise offers tabled.

It’s believed the board still want him at the top table for Monday’s agm, which will be stormy, not least because questions to McCoist will divert attention away from the board’s poor performance.

It’s understood McCoist’s position will come under closer scrutiny after the agm and he is unlikely to remain in charge beyond Christmas.

The news the manager will stay on for the short term came at the end of another day of controversy at Ibrox.

It was revealed last night that the SPFL are chasing Rangers for an unpaid fine of £250,000 levied for the club’s widespread use of undisclosed payments to players before liquidation.

A commission set up by the Scottish Premier League handed oldco Rangers the fine in February 2013 after the club failed to disclose dozens of payments worth millions of pounds from 2000 to 2011, breaching league rules.

The commission decided Rangers had gained no sporting advantage and stopped short of stripping the club of titles and it appeared the issue was over as the fine was levied on a liquidated company.

On top of that Rangers announced they will fight another case with the SFA.

The club and shareholder Ashley were this week hit with a total of five charges following the SFA’s probe into the Newcastle owner’s dual interests but Rangers insisted they will contest the claims on all fronts.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ally-mccoists-rangers-future-hangs-4830823