Costs do need to be cut especially in the non-playing side. If Llambias is starting to do that it's long overdue

This whole charade has been carried out mainly in the 'Grey Lane'.

Not in the Black of complete evil or in the White of positive good.

With most decisions or apparent policies, the various incarnations of the boardroom have pointed to and used the part of the backstory or future vision that would register with at least part of the support. They cling onto this without going into the full picture and trade their snake oil for your blue pound.

Easiest and most simple example being the argument that the club need our money to survive, yes it does......But so do the sp.ivs, shark and onerous contracts..................... So what you have is in effect a sp.iv tax on your blue pound.

Rangers need to cut costs and a new business model, yes it does.......... But we don't need to become a Sports Direct Commercial Vehicle which is what may well happen. As generations pass and attitudes become more subservient, it may work for some but not me.

hopefully get john brown................

You didn't finish the sentence GS. So was it.......

(1) as far away from the application list as possible?

(2) to bite his tongue for a wee while (please don't come out in Mondays papers in support in full support of your pal)?

(3) to persuade his mate Ally to get this agony over, and walk now!?

And right on cue - the bold Bomber pipes up today about 'Super'. FFS!! So predictable.

good on him if more of us were like bomber we might get somewhere.

He is not doing us any favours at all by promoting the survival of McCoist the manager.

"Ally has given fans so many happy memories.......and in the recent times where he has given them back-to-back promotions. But I honestly couldn't care what the fans are thinking about performances. People need to wise up. Changing the manager is not going to change the situation."

Shut up John. Please just shut the fuck up. Just this once!

Edited by Anchorman

He is not doing us any favours at all by promoting the survival of McCoist the manager.

"Ally has given fans so many happy memories.......and in the recent times where he has given them back-to-back promotions. But I honestly couldn't care what the fans are thinking about performances. People need to wise up. Changing the manager is not going to change the situation."

Shut up John. Please just shut the fuck up. Just this once!

If you read that final sentence, it is obvious where his main concern lies. He is not alone in that regard.

If you read that final sentence, it is obvious where his main concern lies. He is not alone in that regard.

Sorry but changing the manager (for the right choice) will hugely change the situation ON the park. That's what I'm talking about. There are two 'situations' - one off the park, and one on the park. McCoist is culpable for the utter dross on the park!

It's very difficult to separate the two issues.

In normal circumstances, there's no way McCoist would still be in charge given recent results. However, because of the board/financial issue, he is and it's difficult to see that change without something major happening. IMO, this is what Ally is trying to provoke.

Someone is calling someone else's bluff here and, as it stands I'm not sure who fired the first shot.

We have to remember that even if Ally resigned tomorrow without any pay off then we'd still be in an awful situation. The main issue is and remains the ownership and short-term well-being of the club.

It's very difficult to separate the two issues.

In normal circumstances, there's no way McCoist would still be in charge given recent results. However, because of the board/financial issue, he is and it's difficult to see that change without something major happening. IMO, this is what Ally is trying to provoke.

Someone is calling someone else's bluff here and, as it stands I'm not sure who fired the first shot.

We have to remember that even if Ally resigned tomorrow without any pay off then we'd still be in an awful situation. The main issue is and remains the ownership and short-term well-being of the club.

The point I'm making though is Brown's utterly predictable statement is support of McCoist the 'manager'. The situation off the park is not the cause of McCoist's utterly woeful technical management skills.

Sorry but changing the manager (for the right choice) will hugely change the situation ON the park. That's what I'm talking about. There are two 'situations' - one off the park, and one on the park. McCoist is culpable for the utter dross on the park!

There is one situation which affects the whole club. McCoist is still in place due to mismanagement by the board over a long period of time. He is a symptom of the general malaise, not the cause.