While I have no doubt The Record is accurate enough regarding the dismal financials, it reads more like a shot across Ashley's bows than reportage, though I have doubts as to how likely Mike Ashley is to use The Record for anything other than bog roll. The Telegraph seems more like an accurate summary of the situation and a far more likely precis of events to come.

In all events, it's now clear that anyone who resists the new front of investors is either actively trying to destroy the club, or protect themselves from potential ramifications in future. Other than a level of stupidity which seems unlikely for most of the people involved, there's no serious explanation for the actions of the present or previous boards that can be read as acting in Rangers' best interests.

Hats off to the fans for keeping the club going, then forcing the issue.

From a post on FF

This is apparently from Bridgeton Loyal's FB page....

Just got this, Gist of things. Cash flow warning to SE tomorrow about the possibility of Admin 2. (Meaning all shares would be worthless, ie King etc

Charles Green openly said in media up here 6 months ago he was in USA seeking new investment. Yank was being lined up to buy WHOLE club. They are trying to collapse the parent company therefore appointing an administrator and all dodgy deals are therefore kept secret. (Which they want). However I believe King et al have made extra investment immediately to be converted into extra shareholding stake in future thus making admin illegal

Thoughts?

my knowledge of the running of SE institutions is limited, but with a sudden flush of new investors and potential purchasers of the club surely those options need to be exhaustively explored before anyone can call administration? wouldn't the board be seen as acting negligently and unfit to properly conduct their duties in the best interests of the business (ie Rangers)?

my knowledge of the running of SE institutions is limited, but with a sudden flush of new investors and potential purchasers of the club surely those options need to be exhaustively explored before anyone can call administration? wouldn't the board be seen as acting negligently and unfit to properly conduct their duties in the best interests of the business (ie Rangers)?

Hasn't stopped them doing so for the past few years.