The difference is that 95% of us could only dream of managing Rangers (even as caretaker manager/coach under shite circumstances) and most would jump at the opportunity in a split second under any circumstances.

Kenny on the other hand, didn't look like he wanted it, resigned after 3 matches and yet is still here getting paid, but saying he's happy to do his job which is just not right.

I'm not blaming Kenny, but this whole thing with the manager & his assistant resigning, but still getting paid and Kenny still actually being here as caretaker manager/coach is a total mess and it's something we really didn't need.

Then the Board should have dealt with it Zappa. Instead they have tried nefarious means to get them to walk. Some would call it slimy.

I think it's harsh to accuse him of twisting the truth. It's just a way of phrasing it, It means more that he's willing to do it rather than anything else, and he doesn't need to expand into the other issues that you mention in respect of the question that he was asked.

I've heard "happy" being used as "willing" on many occasions in the work environment.

Aye, you're probably right mate. This whole mess is just starting to wear me down and I'm losing patience quickly here.

What we really needed on the football side was either for Ally & Kenny to NOT resign like they did and not only stay on, but rescue the season and get promotion...

OR....

We needed Ally & his assistants to walk away with a clean break and put the onus onto the Rangers board to appoint a management team capable of lifting and reorganising the team enough to rescue the season and get promotion.

We needed Ally & his assistants to walk away with a clean break and put the onus onto the Rangers board to appoint a management team capable of lifting and reorganising the team enough to rescue the season and get promotion.

Hopefully after the EGM....

Very true. But you, MB and Rab seem to be laying all the blame at the management team, with none at the Board's feet. Likewise others are blaming solely the board.

Had the board not given them ludicrous contracts in the first place, or had the board not been squandering money all over the place then maybe the Club would have had enough cash to provide a severance package.

Clearly McDowall hasn't done anything to be considered gross misconduct or they would have fired him. Which makes it the Board's responsibility to find a severance to make him redundant.

Look at the cause, not just the effect. The cause is the ridiculous contract that he was given by the Board.

The contract was given to him by the previous board on oldco. It was TUPE'd over in 2012. Understand?

With the benefit of hindsight the three amigos(Ally, McDowall & Durrant) should have been served their notice long ago. They weren't up to the task but the current board wrongly stuck by them probably in case it caused a backlash and the likes of Graham & Houstoun crawled out of the woodwork arranging more protests & boycotts

Edited by RANGERRAB

Acceptable manner ? There was no choice. We can't run Rangers on the consent of a caretaker manager working his notice who doesn't want to be there.

Believe me, these players are much better than what we've got.

To get promotion something drastic had to be done

Then the Board should have grown a pair of balls and got rid of him.

You think this was acceptable, as is your prerogative - which, de facto, means you accept Llambias and Easdale making footballing decisions. Me, personally, find that ridiculous.

How do you know they are much better than what we have ? How many times have you seen them play ?

You are missing some stuff here - we all agree that something drastic needed to be done and bringing in these 5 players could be considered drastic. I'm not in the "they came from Newcastle, must be Ashley stooges, send them home camp" - I'm happy to give EVERY player that walks the marble staircase a chance but I absolutely cannot believe that anyone thinks that guaranteeing them a game is the right thing to do. The upheaval in the dressing room could just as easily cause more harm than good.

Sign them, yes. Guarantee them a place every week ? Ludicrous.

The contract was given to him by the previous board. It was TUPE'd over in 2012. Understand?

With the benefit of hindsight the three amigos(Ally, McDowall & Durrant) should have been served their notice long ago. They weren't up to the task but the current board wrongly stuck by them probably in case it caused a backlash and the likes of Graham & Houstoun crawled out of the woodwork arranging more protests & boycotts

Read my prior post Rab - I told you that I didn't say which Board gave them the contract. It matters not, the previous Board can be blamed for giving AM and KM stupid contracts. The current Board can be blamed for squandering money and not having a pot to piss in to buy McDowall out of his contract. Understand ?

Edited by craig

Aye, you're probably right mate. This whole mess is just starting to wear me down and I'm losing patience quickly here.

What we really needed on the football side was either for Ally & Kenny to NOT resign like they did and not only stay on, but rescue the season and get promotion...

OR....

McCoist and/or McDowall obtaining promotion for us has been looking increasingly unlikely. The Board should have dealt with it professionally if they had any real desire to get promoted.

Very true. But you, MB and Rab seem to be laying all the blame at the management team, with none at the Board's feet. Likewise others are blaming solely the board.

Had the board not given them ludicrous contracts in the first place, or had the board not been squandering money all over the place then maybe the Club would have had enough cash to provide a severance package.

Clearly McDowall hasn't done anything to be considered gross misconduct or they would have fired him. Which makes it the Board's responsibility to find a severance to make him redundant.

Look at the cause, not just the effect. The cause is the ridiculous contract that he was given by the Board.

I said it's not just the board that are to blame. At no point have I said they are not to blame.

The fact is that our management team have been just as harmful as anyone on the board. Nobody makes any excuses for those incompetent leaches so I don't see why some try to excuse the ones in the dugout.

Every now and then, my cynical self rears his head. Today it looked around the corner and said: "Look, it is sure not the best way how this is being handled. Far from it. But on the other side, just look at it this way: There is nothing that would have changed McDowall's hand with regards to team selection, so maybe Llambias and Easdale (and Ashley) were just sick and tired of what passes as football these days at Ibrox?" Somewhere deep down I knew that my cynical self was right ... at least with any changes to the starting eleven.

I said it's not just the board that are to blame. At no point have I said they are not to blame.

The fact is that our management team have been just as harmful as anyone on the board. Nobody makes any excuses for those incompetent leaches so I don't see why some try to excuse the ones in the dugout.

I don't see too many making excuses for the lack of structure, vision or philosophy from the football management side either though.