James Easdale Resigns

New Nottingham Forest manager Dougie Freedman is on the shortlist of targets, along with Valencia number two Ian Cathro, to be Rangers manager after Kenny McDowall announced he is serving his notice. (The Sun, print edition)

Cathro made it clear he thinks it's too early in his career.

We can also issue a rallying call for plumbers/painters/sparks/joiners to help the cause, guys in the trade would come out in force to repair Ibrox/MP for free. How you would implement that I don't know but it could be done.

That's an excellent shout, though it might need to be limited to a one off to avoid conflict with other guys trying to earn a living.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

I don't know anything about Jack Irvine and I have never supported the Easdales.

I do think that if Llambias goes then we will need another tough cookie like him to continue the cost reduction process to the point where we are living within our means.

Perhaps better if we get one who doesn't reduce income faster than he cuts costs.

I don't know anything about Jack Irvine and I have never supported the Easdales.

I do think that if Llambias goes then we will need another tough cookie like him to continue the cost reduction process to the point where we are living within our means.

Sorry but that is hardly relevant to having the right person in the job. Being a "tough cookie" means nothing when you go about the job the wrong way. There are far better means of implementing austerity measures than being an asshole. Llambias has shown with his dealings whilst at the Club that he may be a tough cookie but he will never be the type of manager to get people to warm to your methods.

It isn't a case of being a tough cookie anyway - it is more a matter of methodically reducing the cost base of the Club in the appropriate manner - allowing your paymaster to thrust 5 individuals on the Club (3 of whom were already injured) and not knowing how much, if anything, the Club would be paying for their loans hardly strikes me as being a decent CEO.

Your fawning over Llambias is, in my very humble opinion, unwarranted. We could do much better, and without raising the hackles of the collective support. I will do it for a fraction of his wage :thup:

he also made it clear he wants back to scotland and would find it hard to knock back a managerial role did he not?

He is at Valencia to learn how to be a manager. Just as he was at Rio Ave.

"I consider this season as a bit like a finishing school or the final year at university," he said. "I'm looking to get about three years of experience out of it to accelerate my own preparation. I want to manage and I want to do it as quickly as possible.

"I've got a very clear gauge in my mind of when I'll know that I'm ready and I'm not there yet. But depending on the circumstances of [my next] club, I'm not that far away."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29463560 4 October 2014

Not quite yet it seems.

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Sorry but that is hardly relevant to having the right person in the job. Being a "tough cookie" means nothing when you go about the job the wrong way. There are far better means of implementing austerity measures than being an asshole. Llambias has shown with his dealings whilst at the Club that he may be a tough cookie but he will never be the type of manager to get people to warm to your methods.

It isn't a case of being a tough cookie anyway - it is more a matter of methodically reducing the cost base of the Club in the appropriate manner - allowing your paymaster to thrust 5 individuals on the Club (3 of whom were already injured) and not knowing how much, if anything, the Club would be paying for their loans hardly strikes me as being a decent CEO.

Your fawning over Llambias is, in my very humble opinion, unwarranted. We could do much better, and without raising the hackles of the collective support. I will do it for a fraction of his wage :thup:

I don't think there's much between us on this. You need to be a tough cookie to implement the cuts required and it's an oftentimes thankless task.

I'm not "fawning over" him but he has made some progress and if he goes (which is by no means certain) someone equally tough will need to be brought in to continue the task in hand.

Since he's on a modest £150k, what fraction did you have in mind and have you factored in the weather?

He is at Valencia to learn how to be a manager. Just as he was at Rio Ave.

"I consider this season as a bit like a finishing school or the final year at university," he said. "I'm looking to get about three years of experience out of it to accelerate my own preparation. I want to manage and I want to do it as quickly as possible.

"I've got a very clear gauge in my mind of when I'll know that I'm ready and I'm not there yet. But depending on the circumstances of [my next] club, I'm not that far away."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/29463560 4 October 2014

Not quite yet it seems.

First post so be gentle. This reads to me that he wants to get the equivalent of 3 years experience this season at Valencia, not that he is going to spend 3 seasons there.