James Easdale Resigns

Another season in the Championship is a really depressing thought. There would need to be a radical change in philosophy on the pitch for me to go to games again.

Agreed - it is a depressing thought - but I think it is a very real possibility.

The saving grace if we are in it again next season will have to be a better group of players, playing under a management team who are welll versed at getting the best out of the players and installing a far better style of play. IF this is the case then we can use next season as a proper 'building' year so that we go up to the Prem in a much better shape and genuinely ready to face the new challenge in that league.

If we can see big improvement on the pitch I definitley think that the crowds will be pretty decent.

Edited by MoodyBlue

Also important to remember that kingco could come in and make 100mill available for purchases, but there's no window until the end of the season so options are limited to out of contract players anyway. What we have is what we have, whether we like it or not.

Interesting thought, but the Newcastle lads are up here because of Ashley connection, I wonder if there's anything in the agreement that lets him take his toys home at will?

Ashely is far from being out of the picture even after the EGM so I would imagine as long as he has his finger in the pie the Newcastle players will be staying.

Ashely is far from being out of the picture even after the EGM so I would imagine as long as he has his finger in the pie the Newcastle players will be staying.

We need the Newcastle players to stay and I'm sure they will.

Ok, we have only really seen Vuckic, but he is already our best footballer. If the others can come in and make a similar impact then we may, just may, have a chance to actually succeed in the play off's.

Agreed - it is a depressing thought - but I think it is a very real possibility.

The saving grace if we are in it again next season will have to be a better group of players, playing under a management team who are welll versed at getting the best out of the players and installing a far better style of play. IF this is the case then we can use next season as a proper 'building' year so that we go up to the Prem in a much better shape and genuinely ready to face the new challenge in that league.

If we can see big improvement on the pitch I definitley think that the crowds will be pretty decent.

I'm not sure how easy it's going to be to radically change things. We have to start from scratch and there's not going to be that much money available.

I'm not sure how easy it's going to be to radically change things. We have to start from scratch and there's not going to be that much money available.

I agree. Hoewever I guess we don't know how much money will actually be availble.

Part of me thinks that King is holding back on some financial details and anouncements until he gets in. He will know that we need signifiacnt investment - and I am sure he and other 'good bears' have accounted for this. For example, there may be other 'partners' out there who we are not aware of who have been working alongside King, TTB's in order to be in a position to fund and invest into a team which is in need of a complete re-build.

Edited by MoodyBlue

Aberdeen struggled to make the top six before he arrived

The SPL is a difficult one though. The standard has dropped to incredibly poor standards, including the Tims. The question to be asked is not whether Aberdeen have improved their league standing but whether they have improved the quality of their football, quality of their player and, just as importantly, the quality of the football operation (1st team, reserves, youth development, scouting) under McInnes's watch. I don't know the answer as I don't care a great deal for Scottish football outside of Rangers (And Auchinleck Talbot...... :D)

The SPL is a difficult one though. The standard has dropped to incredibly poor standards, including the Tims. The question to be asked is not whether Aberdeen have improved their league standing but whether they have improved the quality of their football, quality of their player and, just as importantly, the quality of the football operation (1st team, reserves, youth development, scouting) under McInnes's watch. I don't know the answer as I don't care a great deal for Scottish football outside of Rangers (And Auchinleck Talbot...... :D)

All true, and I've paid little attention to the SPL of late too, but McInnes' coaching record doesn't begin and end at Aberdeen. He had St Johnston playing well--can remember them passing off the park on at least one occasion before our meltdown--and keeping Bristol City up looks a better achievement in hindsight. Does seem that he's a decent manager. Whether he'd come in the near future is a different matter