John Bennett and Chris Graham join plc board

disagree frankie. I think you will find a bigger number than you realise dislike cg and the rst not just the online support.

I can understand that a lot of people have traditional misgivings about the RST, but I'd have hoped that recent changes and events may have changed their attitudes, particularly with Mark not being on the board any more. Perhaps I've missed a lot but I don't see why people have an issue with Chris Graham. He has always been fine on the few occasions I've had dealings with him over the years and haven't seen him coming up with anything that I had an issue with.

when talking in the media they rarely claim to talk as the voice of a few thousand fans and hide behind the loose title of fan rep. If they cannot be expected to take the view that does the best for Rangers and not just their own groups concern then they should not be worthy of a fans place on the board.

Every time I've noticed anything like that it's always been lazy reporting by the press rather than anything the person or the RST had any input on.

smacks of jobs for votes and underlines the concerns of having PM on board.A large number of the support in my view are worried we revert to jobs for the boys. Lets hope they get the managers appointment correct and leave the network of old players or those they know from before behind. We need fresh thinking to take us away from old habits,that will not be found hanging round the same old watering hole of past.

A reasonable concern and it's up to the new board to prove them unfounded. However having reps from fans' organisation is fresh thinking and can perhaps allow for more to follow.

I say congratulations to the guys appointed to the board yesterday and good luck to them.

I do have one technical question though, how where these appointments made without a nominated advisor in place?

I thought that Nomad approval and due diligence was required to appoint a director to a PLC...

If we were currently quoted on AIM then that might be the case, but perhaps it doesn't need to happen at the moment because we are suspended.

I don't think being a plc in itself carries the requirement, as you can be a plc and not have a nomad. It's more of the requirements of AIM.

Dont see anyway it will help anyone other than the few thousand members they have.

Surely the issues that the members of the RST have generally reflect the issues of the wider support and if it helps their members than it helps the majority?

If we were currently quoted on AIM then that might be the case, but perhaps it doesn't need to happen at the moment because we are suspended.

I don't think being a plc in itself carries the requirement, as you can be a plc and not have a nomad. It's more of the requirements of AIM.

Indeed, I meant listed company rather than PLC.

i am afraid we will need to agree to disagree on every point.

Dont see anyway it will help anyone other than the few thousand members they have. Personally think it will cause harm and seperation between club and the greater support.

guess we can look back in 18 months time and see who benefitted and who lost out.

as for the RF guys they come absent the shadow that engulfs the rst, and will therefore be given the time to prove where their priorities lie.

Which issues do you disagree with the RST's viewpoint?

I'm not sure how you can give one person time to prove themselves and not others. Such a viewpoint seems as harmful and divisive as anything else you're highlighting.

Like I said earlier, it's a shame so many people want to spoil what is a great step forward for our fans simply because of the personality involved. But c'est la vie.

I can understand that a lot of people have traditional misgivings about the RST, but I'd have hoped that recent changes and events may have changed their attitudes, particularly with Mark not being on the board any more. Perhaps I've missed a lot but I don't see why people have an issue with Chris Graham. He has always been fine on the few occasions I've had dealings with him over the years and haven't seen him coming up with anything that I had an issue with.

Every time I've noticed anything like that it's always been lazy reporting by the press rather than anything the person or the RST had any input on.

A reasonable concern and it's up to the new board to prove them unfounded. However having reps from fans' organisation is fresh thinking and can perhaps allow for more to follow.

not on the board but degrees of seperation are marginal at best.

agree with lazy journalism but would argue anybody speaking in the name of Rangers needs to do so while exhibiting a very strong sense of right and wrong. exploiting lazy journos and using open ended expressions to extrapolate wrong conclusions from the listener is not doing so. eg "all the fans" "the fans want" "on behalf of the fans" "the support demands"

maybe installing fans reps is fresh thinking,personally think its at best repackaging the same old tripe.

for me its important to have differing views all working to the same aims and goals. that is lost when those aims and goals are superceeded by third party demands.

Which issues do you disagree with the RST's viewpoint?

I'm not sure how you can give one person time to prove themselves and not others. Such a viewpoint seems as harmful and divisive as anything else you're highlighting.

Like I said earlier, it's a shame so many people want to spoil what is a great step forward for our fans simply because of the personality involved. But c'est la vie.

the viewpoint that they can only champion and full heartedly support actions that originate from them. The view they understand the average fans wants. It also comes down to their failure to take onboard supporters worries and act on them to full conclusion. Also they seem to insulate themselves from simple questions.they havd created a mentality that comes across as always being aimed at self promotion

very poor to say people want to spoil a step forward. a step forward for who? the disagreement is on it benefitting rangers in anyway.

As for why one rule for one and another for the rst. Thats simply their past speaks for future action far more than words. The rst are not trusted for one main reason,association. They have failed right up until present day to sort that problem in a frank and precise manner. Until that happens average fans will keep turning their back.

its not just down to the personality involved its down to the mistrust in rst motives.

not on the board but degrees of seperation are marginal at best.

I'd say it certainly appeared so, although the directors' box last night certainly raised some questions with MD sitting beside 2 RST reps. I'm not sure under what capacity he was asked (if FF then where's Frankie's invite?) but it does raise questions.

agree with lazy journalism but would argue anybody speaking in the name of Rangers needs to do so while exhibiting a very strong sense of right and wrong. exploiting lazy journos and using open ended expressions to extrapolate wrong conclusions from the listener is not doing so. eg "all the fans" "the fans want" "on behalf of the fans" "the support demands"

Perhaps in a perfect world but where it's all soundbites, it's difficult enough for these guys to get their message through without losing he message by putting in too many qualifications.

maybe installing fans reps is fresh thinking,personally think its at best repackaging the same old tripe.

Don't see why but I guess we'll need to agree to differ.

for me its important to have differing views all working to the same aims and goals. that is lost when those aims and goals are superceeded by third party demands.

Agreed but I don't see why yesterday's appointments prevent that.

MD was there as part of the Union of Fans, the individuals involved in that were all invited to the Directors Box last night as a gesture of the new board's thanks for the UOF's efforts in pressurising the old board. Craig Houston, Monty, MD, and a few others were all there under that invite.