John Bennett and Chris Graham join plc board

I'm not a member of the RST. I had quite a negative image of the RST for a long time - probably mostly due to Dingwall (whether fairly or unfairly). I have to say, the recent evolvement of the RST has really changed my opinion of them. I'm quite happy for Chris Graham to be on the board, whether in RST capacity or not. It's nice to have a board who actually care about Rangers and who we are, not just about asset stripping.

Time will tell and I think everyone has a right to be nervous. The last few years have been torrid. These guys must be given a chance. We all - well most of us - invested, campaigned for this. Lets see what they can do and put petty personality disputes aside.

I'd be more interested in more information on John Bennett and James Blair. I don't know much about either. CG is well publicised lol.

Personally absolutely delighted that John Bennett has been appointed to the Board of Rangers.

Not fussed either way re Chris Graham.

Brahim if I were a former client of yours I'd be disconcerted to think that your concern for the welfare of their investments ceased when the commissions dried up.

For those of you not around at the time here's some links to the original John Bennett threads when we were in our darkest hours and need of serious investment......

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?42094-John-Bennett-Withdraws-from-The-Blue-Knights-Consortium

http://www.gersnetonline.co.uk/vb/showthread.php?40487-UPDATE-Conversation-with-Mr-John-Bennett-(Blue-Knights)

I personally wouldn't put a trivial issue in my job ahead of Rangers. That's supposing the job was the real reason and it wasn't just an agenda. This whole issue was disgraceful.

disagree frankie. I think you will find a bigger number than you realise dislike cg and the rst not just the online support.

when talking in the media they rarely claim to talk as the voice of a few thousand fans and hide behind the loose title of fan rep. If they cannot be expected to take the view that does the best for Rangers and not just their own groups concern then they should not be worthy of a fans place on the board.

smacks of jobs for votes and underlines the concerns of having PM on board.A large number of the support in my view are worried we revert to jobs for the boys. Lets hope they get the managers appointment correct and leave the network of old players or those they know from before behind. We need fresh thinking to take us away from old habits,that will not be found hanging round the same old watering hole of past.

I've never heard a fan group rep say they speak for any more than who they represent. Saying otherwise is a fallacy I'm afraid.

How many do you think genuinely dislike Chris? I'd say it's very difficult to say - maybe a few dozen online. Sure, many more may not buy into the concept of the Trust (or indeed RF) but even then I'd argue that's out of apathy rather than dislike.

As I said earlier, let's not waste this opportunity. By all means, hold a scepticism of the guy but let's keep our criticism constructive and ensure he acts on our behalf.

Much like we did with the RFB which is a good recent example of what can be achieved in that sense.

bet cg uses his new position to solidify and grow the rst position before he mentions drastic action is needed on coaching for the rest of this season.

Drastic action is needed now. I'd like to think the RST stuff could wait

Edited by RANGERRAB

bet cg uses his new position to solidify and grow the rst position before he mentions drastic action is needed on coaching for the rest of this season.

Every fan knows drastic action is needed with respect to the team and manager. I (and I suspect Dave King) don't need Chris Graham to tell us that.

However there is a process to be followed.

I've never heard a fan group rep say they speak for any more than who they represent. Saying otherwise is a fallacy I'm afraid.

How many do you think genuinely dislike Chris? I'd say it's very difficult to say - maybe a few dozen online. Sure, many more may not buy into the concept of the Trust (or indeed RF) but even then I'd argue that's out of apathy rather than dislike.

As I said earlier, let's not waste this opportunity. By all means, hold a scepticism of the guy but let's keep our criticism constructive and ensure he acts on our behalf.

Much like we did with the RFB which is a good recent example of what can be achieved in that sense.

everytime they talk they infer or even state "the fans want" which they have no right to do. They should be saying "our members" .Have never once seen any of them correct the fallacy"fans spokesman"

as for a few dozen thats just poor. The greater support stay clear of the RST for well known reasons as evidenced by thd number of members they have managed to attracted over 9years of trying. Until they remove themselves completely from you know whos shadow they will continue to remain stunted in their growth.

the apathy excuse went out the window when the RF outstripped them in a meare 12 months of exsistance. for me evidence that they understand the wider supportes thinking and desires

for me it is a wasted oppertunity that will now be used to grow Rst stremgth that it could not achieve on merit. How long before they push RST membership as automatic when buying a st? would far prefer the elected fans board instead of unelected groups aligning themselves