Mohsni's performance against Cowdenbeath

The problem with Mohsni is that his mistakes are a) so frequent and b) so utterly avoidable. I've never seen a player who makes the difficult look easy and the easy look impossible. incredibly frustrating: he spends most of the game looking a really accomplished player before playing like a man recovering from a serious stroke. Just can't seem to concentrate for the full 90mins.

Saturday's mistake was a real pity as Mohsni was one of our better players before he gave the ball away. After his excellent display against Hibs I'd really hoped he'd moved his game forward.

However, I think McCulloch and Bell were culpable as well. The former should have allowed the striker to run offside, while the latter gave the ball to Mohsni when the defender had nothing on and was already being closed down.

That doesn't excuse Mohsni giving the ball away but it does mitigate it somewhat.

Saturday's mistake was a real pity as Mohsni was one of our better players before he gave the ball away. After his excellent display against Hibs I'd really hoped he'd moved his game forward.

However, I think McCulloch and Bell were culpable as well. The former should have allowed the striker to run offside, while the latter gave the ball to Mohsni when the defender had nothing on and was already being closed down.

That doesn't excuse Mohsni giving the ball away but it does mitigate it somewhat.

He made a couple of howlers against Hibs as well though that could have cost us dearly. He missed the flight of the ball on the penalty spot in the first half and the boy headed wide of a gaping goal. And in the second half he lost the ball at the back, and let the guy in on goal. Luckily he chose the wrong option and we got away with it. So even on his 'better' games we need luck on our side that his howlers don't cost us.

He made a couple of howlers against Hibs as well though that could have cost us dearly. He missed the flight of the ball on the penalty spot in the first half and the boy headed wide of a gaping goal. And in the second half he lost the ball at the back, and let the guy in on goal. Luckily he chose the wrong option and we got away with it. So even on his 'better' games we need luck on our side that his howlers don't cost us.

I don't disagree which is why we can't rely on him in a general sense.

We have a few players like that - clearly talented individuals who can't give a consistently high level of performance.

First saw him in the Bristol City pre season friendly. My thoughts at first were we have a player here, he will do. But he then gave the ball away under no pressure from which they should have scored. He seems to me to be unable to concentrate for 90 minutes against anyone, therefore he will not do in PL.