New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

Starting to get a feeling its going to be McCall that gets the gig. Just a hunch.

If it is, it's because we've been knocked back by several others first. Would put him in a very difficult position and would also be something of an eye-opener in terms of our perceived status in the football world.

Yes - King did say that - but there is a whole summer to get through and things can change before the next transfer deadline at end of August - and the new manager may adjust his squad accordingly,which may turn out to be different to what is being discussed at the moment.

I get the impression that if the new man can justify a signing, then King will back him to the hilt.

hope so mate but I highly doubt it in the time frame remaining.

His words give that impression but the actions make me think we are keeping the outlay to the minimum required to get promotion.

If it is, it's because we've been knocked back by several others first. Would put him in a very difficult position and would also be something of an eye-opener in terms of our perceived status in the football world.

Depends how it plays out. If it's done in the media, I think that could well happen. If it's done privately with no leaks, possibly not.

I wouldn't mind McCall as a #2 actually. Give us a little bit of continuity and could let McCall do some interim work to tide us over next week or two with regards to making approaches to possible players.

bell

? mcgregor zaliuskis wallace

? murdoch law shiels

miller clark

how do you vastly improve that team realistically in the championship with only 6-7 new players

straight off one needs to be a keeper either 2nd or 1st choice. Leaves only 6 spots.

These are ball park figures is giving out we'll have to wait and see what the manager says.

But if it was only 7 then you do the spine of the team

GK

2 CB

2 CM

2 strikers/ 1 striker/one winger, creative type

Remember there are decent youth prospects who can be assessed by a new man also.

Edited by jhunter

hope so mate but I highly doubt it in the time frame remaining.

His words give that impression but the actions make me think we are keeping the outlay to the minimum required to get promotion.

I hope so too mate.

But didn't he also say that he would 'spend whatever it takes' in order to guarantee promotion ?

If we need to spend and the manager can justify it, then I think King will back him without any problem.

Paddy Power have closed the book on Warburton. Skybet have gone 1/6 on Warburton.

That is as close as it comes to a dead cert. They are basically not inviting any more money. Bookies don't go there unless they know something.

I hope that's right. While I can't say I'm impressed by the two Dubyas (out of ignorance, you understand) the alternatives are a gloomy prospect.

But whoever it is I back them until proven duffers likewise the team.