New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

Craig Mulholland is in charge and, like you say, it would be a surprise if he was demoted.

I can't see Cathro joining any new management team unless he's been told a time-line for promotion to manager. And, even then, I still think it's unlikely - although it would certainly be agreeable.

Edited by Frankie

Craig Mulholland is in charge and, like you say, it would be a surprise if he was demoted.

I can't see Cathro joining any new management team unless he's been told a time-line for promotion to manager. And, even then, I still think it's unlikely - although it would certainly be agreeable.

Perhaps Cathro, as a young inexperienced manager, working under Walter for a couple of years before he's been moulded to the point he can step up to the top job? :flute: "I'm gonna need a bigger spoon!!"

Warburton weir and cathro would make me very happy

Yes, but it's hardly feasible. We'd be lucky to get either Warburton or Cathro at our level, far less both. Can't see us having the dosh to pay for all 3 (as well as Ally and Kenny) when we need a new team, scouts, footballing and building infrastructures refurbished... And Ashley still draining us of money..

Edited by SteveC

Perhaps Cathro, as a young inexperienced manager, working under Walter for a couple of years before he's been moulded to the point he can step up to the top job? :flute: "I'm gonna need a bigger spoon!!"

Aye Walter has proved his skill at grooming a successor

Some suggestions Cathro may be taking charge of Auchenhowie but I can't see him leaving Valencia to do that. Media saying his departure from Spain was agreed a while back so timing coincidental with our appointment.

I think Mulholland will do a fine job with the youth at Auchenhowie, if given the chance. He was well sought after in the BPL. I doubt that the Club could handle having both Mulholland and Cathro, especially as Cathro is a bit of an egotist.

Cathro as an assistant manager/coach or even as manager/coach of our U20/development squad could be a cracking appointment, but something tells me the timing of him leaving Valencia is just a coincidence.

Think Cathro has returned to Scotland for 'family reasons', which were brought up in discussions with Valencia a number of months ago.

Don't know what it is but there is something which I'm not quite convinced about, that he would be the right appointment for us.

I'd be happy with just Warburton and Weir, with Mulholland taking youngsters.

Edited by MoodyBlue

Cathro as an assistant manager/coach or even as manager/coach of our U20/development squad could be a cracking appointment, but something tells me the timing of him leaving Valencia is just a coincidence.

Maybe if he was desperate to come home and was told he was next in line.

Yes, but it's hardly feasible. We'd be lucky to get either Warburton or Cathro at our level, far less both. Can't see us having the dosh to pay for all 3 (as well as Ally and Kenny) when we need a new team, scouts, footballing and building infrastructures refurbished... And Ashley still draining us of money..

Would hope to get the 3 for less than a million. Our wages have always been far higher than the market.

Warburton £500k weir £150k cathro £100k remember these guys are all novices. Would spend no more than a mil all in.

£9m st money minus £6.5m on team wage leaves £2.5m

Scouting and youth gets a little help from the lotto and rising stars. Would leave scouting major investment until next year or sooner if merchandise gets sorted

Dreaming I know but was thinking it's better than continuing to moan!!