New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

It is. Perhaps not in the last three seasons because of the circumstances of being entered into the bottom league, but being in the second division of a footballing backwater on merit, that can't be wrapped up any other way.

Only if the perspective manager does not believe we can leave that standard behind and our budgets merit our level.

Doubt any manager asked would say this is our level.

what wage do you reckon

We are offering that leaves us at amateur level! Dont get me wrong the lack of budgets will harm our recruitment but should never leave us struggling against the wealth and.might of teams like Aberdeen!

Your assuming money motivates his decisions. Another good year at Aberdeen and he can earn more than at us in the championship.

Indeed Aberdeens finances are better than ours.

If that was true then why do we want to sign the new manager for 3 years?

Do we expect to be Aberdeen level for the next three years?

if the league dictated the level of appointment then we would upgrade in a year not tie ourselves in for 3 with a sub standard manager.

The shortlist is so poor because influential fans are dictating the need for any appointment to have previous links with us in my opinion.

Cathro now bookies favorite for the job. The bookies know very little on this one it would seem.

Seem to just be reacting to money being placed. Scotland's a village: you'd think that the bush telegraph I would have been a bit more active if something had actually been settled.

There was only one man who I wanted as manager when all the names were being banded about.

Stu McCall.

Now that I've heard Cathro has quit Valencia, I'm hoping it's because he's coming here