New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

A sad day that the famous Glasgow rangers have to go for a manager whose best achievement is ending second in a championship play-off. Gutted to be honest.

But that's where we are so we cant feel sorry for ourselves. Pulling a manager who has just done amazing achievement down south at a level higher than we are at just now is more than good enough. Appointing one of the other options would never bring us back to where we belong. Warburton has all the ideas and attributes to put us back on top of the SPFL. His CV and talking says that. Finally we may see 11 players who are actually fit. They might be able to string some good passing together. We might see a few youngsters get a run in the team. - Warburton does all this in his teams.

In management terms he is still very young. he has learned by doing the hard work all self funded by going around some of Europes biggest clubs at seminars and coaching, he then got the Brentford gig and took a tiny club like that up through the 3rd tier and nearly into the Premier league in a short time. That Championship division is a mammoth league with some huge clubs in it. Only Bournemouth have done a bigger task than Brentford last season IMO.

Edited by Gribz

if you asked a Brentford supporter 5 years ago if they would be challenging for a position in EPL he would have laughed in your face and mentioned the word miracle along the way. And for a manager like Warburton to come along and do what he did in a short space of time with little or no experience it must have seemed like one. Hes exactly what we need.

He certainly seems to be the best we could hope for in our current situation. I am hopeful he comes in and does everything ood that we read about him - and is given time. He's the one I wanted out of the names mentioned but I also know that everything like this is a big risk. The Mint was over the proverbial moon and lauded to the skies for getting PLG. We all awaited his "revolution" taking off and lifting us to new heights with expectation rather than hope.

everything i have read about him fills me with confidence.

especially liked this piece sounds perfect for us.........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/brentford/10712963/Brentford-reap-dividend-in-League-One-as-former-City-boy-Mark-Warburton-strikes-it-rich.html

had a wee look at his recent signings on youtube . A def mid like tabar would do us well in the championship far better than black, the rest all look good too. a sample.....

Edited by trublusince1982

But that's where we are so we cant feel sorry for ourselves. Pulling a manager who has just done amazing achievement down south at a level higher than we are at just now is more than good enough. Appointing one of the other options would never bring us back to where we belong. Warburton has all the ideas and attributes to put us back on top of the SPFL. His CV and talking says that. Finally we may see 11 players who are actually fit. They might be able to string some good passing together. We might see a few youngsters get a run in the team. - Warburton does all this in his teams.

In management terms he is still very young. he has learned by doing the hard work all self funded by going around some of Europes biggest clubs at seminars and coaching, he then got the Brentford gig and took a tiny club like that up through the 3rd tier and nearly into the Premier league in a short time. That Championship division is a mammoth league with some huge clubs in it. Only Bournemouth have done a bigger task than Brentford last season IMO.

It would be a terrific appointment. Pete was suggesting World Cup finalist managers and former Barca and Chelsea coaches recently, so perhaps he needs to adjust his ambitions. The English Championship is miles ahead of the SPL, to get a high flying manager from England to the Scottish second division would be a sensational coup.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

He certainly seems to be the best we could hope for in our current situation. I am hopeful he comes in and does everything ood that we read about him - and is given time. He's the one I wanted out of the names mentioned but I also know that everything like this is a big risk. The Mint was over the proverbial moon and lauded to the skies for getting PLG. We all awaited his "revolution" taking off and lifting us to new heights with expectation rather than hope.

As I mentioned earlier in the thread there wont be any PLG revolt players in the squad, McCulloch and Boyd were the last of that type and both are off the books. PLG had no chance against Ferguson and Co at the time, they believed in part time hours. Warburton would be coming into a trimmed squad and adding his own players which would be of much relief to me. It senses a team that want to play for him.

everything i have read about him fills me with confidence.

especially liked this piece sounds perfect for us.........

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/brentford/10712963/Brentford-reap-dividend-in-League-One-as-former-City-boy-Mark-Warburton-strikes-it-rich.html

Newcastle, Sunderland, Derby, Leeds and Sheff Wed have maybe made a blunder not taking this guy! Brentford are the worst for letting him go. Their loss will be our gain.