New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

We're all getting excited already and he hasn't even been officially confirmed. Just imagine what can be achieved in ST sales, with the correct adversing strategy with to regards a new beginning under Warburton.

Hope the board have got their act together on this, it's going to be mayhem for a few days, time to cash in imo.

cant wait to hear the guy talk. Hopefully traynor asks the correct questions. The things Warburton has said about youth development and the Barcelona methodology will generate

Sales

Calm down people! He's not even been appointed yet. No wonder we get frustrated at a lack of movement: we're days ahead of everything.

Go on live a little! The world will not end if you get it wrong.

Edited by trublusince1982

Can you imagine the next level of hysteria should he sign tomorrow? Which players will he sign? Will it be the right ones? Will it be Rangers quality? (What is Rangers quality these days anyway?) Will he be given enough time to form a team ... given that we play our first game in 6 weeks or so? Strap yourselves in for another round of drama from as soon as he sets a foot into the Ibrox*!

*Not least when he's not having a 12-name list of signings in hand ... or indeed some of those people trailing him already!

A sad day that the famous Glasgow rangers have to go for a manager whose best achievement is ending second in a championship play-off. Gutted to be honest.

The fact warburton had brentford anywhere near the play off final is testament to his abilities as a manager.

the fact his players all want to play for him, the attacking style of play and the development of players under his tutelage all bodes well for us should he get the job.

Does that make him a bad manager?

The easy reply is" does it make him a good manager?"Many teams have a good first season in a new league but then fall away because the surprise effect is gone. I have no idea if he is a good manager or not but his CV is not that great given the job is running one of the biggest clubs in the country. Davie Weir was also not that successful as a manager so I am not really sharing this feeling of joy at the moment. I think there were more proven managers out there.

Yes, the fact that PLG now coaches Oman suggests he's not up to much. I'm sure he could have still been very successful in Scotland if the players were on his side though. He had us playing well in Europe.

He did well in cups elsewhere too (PSG were good in cups but terrible in the league - actually their record under him is downright weird) - I don't want to think of him in the domestic cups with us....

Really? That was 5 games. We played well against Hearts (and maybe Motherwell but I can't remember if it's the game I'm thinking of), but drew the other 3.

We were inconsistent under Le Guen. Played well sometimes but had quite a few off days as well.

Goalkeeper situation was ridiculous