New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

Wonder if it's finances that mean no role for cathro or if Warburton and weir don't want a third?

You ask that as though you think he was in line for a role along with the other two and we changed our minds. There's no evidence for that and it seems hugely unlikely to me that was ever an option.

If we get Warburton that will be absolutely magnificent. The only worry will be how long we can hold onto him.

All appointments carry a degree of risk but he looks exactly the sort of manager we should be making. I'm still pretty surprised we're getting him (and won't really believe it until he's actually signed).

You ask that as though you think he was in line for a role along with the other two and we changed our minds. There's no evidence for that and it seems hugely unlikely to me that was ever an option.

Yes my reading of the situation is he was/is in contention.

I dont think he was ever considered for manager at his age so would need to be in relation to another as manager.

Yes my reading of the situation is he was/is in contention.

I dont think he was ever considered for manager at his age so would need to be in relation to another as manager.

I agree, if the board never considered Cathro it was a dereliction of duty imo, if i was King and the club had the money i would still make him manager of football youth development at Auchenhowie, obviously out with first team responsibilities.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

I agree, if the board never considered Cathro it was a dereliction of duty imo, if i was King and the club had the money i would still make him manager of football development at Auchenhowie, obviously out with first team responsibilities.

I didn't say that they never considered him, I said I don't think having WW AND C was ever going to happen in the second tier

It will be one or the other but not both.I think it is pretty certain to be Warburton now.

I didn't say that they never considered him, I said I don't think having WW AND C was ever going to happen in the second tier

yeah i understand you think that. I think the opposite.

I just dont think only two to cover the first team at Ibrox is enough. We still need a first team coach / trainer. Cant see durrant or durie being a better option than Cathro

With Warburtons stated stance on youth, Cathro would be right up his street added to the fact cathro is coming back to Scotland unemployed it seems an obvious fit.