New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

Interesting post on FF: (courtesy "benny_blanco") , I thought it worth quoting here:

"The delay in him taking the job was nothing to do with his wages or contract, they were agreed within a couple of days.

Warburton wanted guarantees on budgets for players and on improvements to scouting and youth infrastructure - he was desperate to take the job but quite rightly wanted to make sure he had the proper tools to ensure he is successful in the short term, i.e. promotion and in the longer term, challenging for the league within 3 years.

No guarantees of success obviously but this guy is prepared and expecting to be here for the long haul...until he takes the England job :)

I know the last few weeks ff has been rife with 'insider info' however i can pm admin my source as its solid and comes from within the corridors of Ibrox."

Edited by SteveC

INteresting post on FF: (courtesy "benny_blanco") , I thought it worth quoting here:

"The delay in him taking the job was nothing to do with his wages or contract, they were agreed within a couple of days.

Warburton wanted guarantees on budgets for players and on improvements to scouting and youth infrastructure - he was desperate to take the job but quite rightly wanted to make sure he had the proper tools to ensure he is successful in the short term, i.e. promotion and in the longer term, challenging for the league within 3 years.

No guarantees of success obviously but this guy is prepared and expecting to be here for the long haul...until he takes the England job

I know the last few weeks ff has been rife with 'insider info' however i can pm admin my source as its solid and comes from within the corridors of Ibrox."

John Gilligan by any chance? ?

For those wondering if we have made/will make progress under the new board, you may not agree with Warburton, but would we have had this change under the watch of the Easdales and Llambias? Or would we still have McDowall and Durie because his nibs is still on full paid gardening leave?

*** Alert! Warning! ***

I think Admin need to be alerted to the fact that certain posters have started to talk about footballing matters such as signings, playing styles and youth development. This is a Rangers' site, surely we should only be discussing wigs, admin, financial chicanery and suchlike.

This new tendency may take over completely in time if it is not nipped in the bud.

Edited by SteveC

For the first time since PLG came I am excited about the future. Hopefully this isn't another false dawn but I am full of hope that we will start functioning like a 21st century football club, with a progressive style of football. One that focus on short passing, positive football, a focus on bringing through youth and signing players that can be sold for a profit. No more extremely negative, horrible tactics. No more brutal football. No more signing old, extremely expensive duds that contribute nothing and don't generate us a penny.