New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

Fair enough. It was a follow up comment that I was responding to - I had not got my point across clearly to that poster,

thanks for further clarifying your stance, had we gone up I think it might have been feasible. I just can't see how they would have contemplated it where we are. Not that I disagree with the rest of your comments and not that I'd be ecstatic were it to be announced tomorrow...

He spoke at Dundee uni then to the cronical this week. It sounded like he plans to drop down the league's so he could get experience at manager. he mentioned having to sacrifice to get the experience he needed. Was hoping we would offer him the reserves and some first team duties

Are you sceptical my man, need a reason to believe?

I'm always sceptical!

I'm open minded on his appointment, whether he's radical and ruthless enough to do what needs to be done time will tell.

Would have preferred a management team with no previous connections but realise Weir's career took a different trajectory to the average Scottish footballer and he's definitely not semi-illiterate ned.

We'll see if the reality matches the myth and the hype now then.

I think that he is the right type of manager to go for football-wise, but there is certainly a question mark due to his relative lack of experience. Time will tell, but fair play to the board for not taking the easy route.

Good choice for me. We need to try something different because more of the same tedious shite we have had for years was not a prospect I was looking forward to. One piece of advice. Ditch the kit guy cum bus driver. He just appears to be a remnant from previous regime's and always seemed to have more clout than his position would suggest. Swanned around the dugout in suits ...why!!!!

I wonder if Warburton's appointment is the news that will give ST sales a boost? He'll knead all the dough he can get to remodel the squad... *gets coat*

I was wondering myself if this will persuade the undecided fans to buy a ST now?,or will they still hold back and wait to see what players he signs?

I'm just pleased that this seems to be a chance for a fresh start with new thinking around the place and hopefully he'll be given a free reign to transform the playing and coaching side from the ground up.