New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

I'm just pleased that this seems to be a chance for a fresh start with new thinking around the place and hopefully he'll be given a free reign to transform the playing and coaching side from the ground up.

It does feel like a fresh start, rather than another old-boy doing more of the same. Hopefully he'll get time. I'd like to see him stamp his authority on the place ASAP -- that'll do for me.

Delighted to hear this news but will be even more so when it is officially confirmed.

This is an opportunity to move away from the negative, turgid stuff we've been subjected to for too long.

I was renewing anyway, but I just hope it will tempt others to do so too. I certainly feel more optimistic than I have done for a number of years that we will see fast, free flowing football.

Fingers crossed.

Manager of Rangers is a long way from Manager of Brentford.

Hence it is so vital that he's got Sir David of Weir at his side. And who knows, in 3 years time Warburton goes on to manage England while SDoW becomes the next Sir Walter, success-wise.

We will see if the Rangers fans allow him to build his team?,how much time does he get time to settle in?

That is a concern especially given ******** stirring things - and, alas, some of our own

That is a concern especially given ******** stirring things - and, alas, some of our own

laughed earlier watching a interview of Warburton and hes talking about how demanding brentford fans are! Just thought you aint seen anything mate, we go off our nut if you don't win a friendly in style!