New management team: Mark Warburton and David Weir

I don't see why you say that. He played good football with players in correct position. Believes in a properly balanced side and brings on youth.

He could certainly rebuild the side, but so could McCall. The point is he is more of the same (McLeish, McCoist, McCall etc.), and doesn't have a progressive track record. I'm not sure about his record at Bristol City with regards to youth, but at Aberdeen he's just using what's there; I wouldn't say he's 'brought on youth'.

So he joined bottom and left them bottom, getting their worst ever run of form in the process. Sounds like a lot of progress was made there.

Where do you think they were going to go. While halving the wages. The disappointing thing here is your not one of these idiots who simply know nothing about football so your clearly at it.

McInnes left them halfway through the season bottom of the league.

And they stayed there once he went. The club was a total mess and slashing the playing budget.

Nobody's pretending he's the reincarnation of Brian Clough but he's proved himself to be ok (SBS's next post will no doubt be on how Brian Clough was a hopeless manager who played terrible football...)

Edited by Oleg_Mcnoleg

Some semblance of balance would be nice here.

I have no axe to grind with McInnes, I'm simply looking objectively at the facts. He took charge with them in bottom place, he left them in bottom place, and he presided over their worst run of form. Aside from being forced to start every match with 8 men, I don't see how anyone can possibly argue he did a good job.

I have no axe to grind with McInnes, I'm simply looking objectively at the facts. He took charge with them in bottom place, he left them in bottom place, and he presided over their worst run of form. Aside from being forced to start every match with 8 men, I don't see how anyone can possibly argue he did a good job.

That's okay if you ignore the fact an end of season happened in between and an enforced player cull.

According to Wikipedia, McInnes joined Bristol City bottom of the league, then went on an 8-game unbeaten run keeping them in the league; he was then sacked after loosing 7 games in a row leaving them bottom. So, it one step forward and one step back -- pretty average. Of course the state of the club must be taken into account, but ultimately he did nothing.

My point is he is more of the same. He is nothing special and is not progressive. He could have done an OK job at Rangers, but in all honesty what is the best he could achieve? I don't see us progressing under him.

He's overrated by most Scottish commentators, and is probably underrated by Us. He's probably an average Scottish coach. There's nothing there that really appeals to me.

On Paper, Warburton/Weir look like a good bet....

How many folk on here had actually watched Brentford, BEFORE they were linked to the RFC job???

I had - as I know one of their players who signed for them on a 1 year contract last summer, purely to work with Warburton. Very pleasing on the eye.