Third Allan bid rejected

Allan is a good player. Much better than what we have. Fortunately he's far from that good he's irreplaceable. Mcleoud is as good or better. Many players are.

We will see what he does at celtc it's hardly his fault hibs wouldn't sell to us he did what he could.

Actually, had you been saying that 4 months ago, I would have agreed. I would change that line these days. Allan has got quite a bit to prove at a bigger club, rather than being a stand-out with Hibs. Whether us or the Yahoos. Same goes for Halliday, Holt, Thompson and now a revitalized McKay, who will have to cope with quite a bit of pressure these days.

And, on a different level of meaning, one song remains true to this day ...

There's only one Nacho Novo,

He said No! to the Provos ...

NB: I also don't think that one can compare Allan with Miller. For the latter always was a football professional who look upwards and to the future ... as a player. Allan never hid his allegiance. Alas, he'll never become a Steven Pressley ...

Edited by der Berliner

Someone please tell me this - out of the seven games we played against Hibs last season, how many did Allan actually have a good game against us? What about in the 4 Edinburgh derby matches against Hearts?

I for one dont recall him standing out at all in the matches between us (didnt watch any Edinburgh derbies so dont know that one). It therefore seems to me he is terribly inconsistent for a 23 year old. And remember this was against the worst Rangers team in living memory.

What I take out of this whole affair is that Hibs have lost a player they rate highly and therefore are weaker than they were, which is good for us. We have missed out on spending a huge wedge of cash (£10Kpw if reports are to be believed!) on an unproven player plus a reasonable fee that we can divert now to a Warburton pick.

I have yet to be convinced that Warburton really wanted him, given our courting of him started before we appointed the manager, and I am content when Warburton says that he has got all the players he has asked for. I thought that phrase (from a week ago) was telling.

As for Allan being better than what we have now, I very much doubt it and I really dont see where he would have played in our team. On the bench would have been my guess. Which one of Halliday, Holt, Law is he better than really? Law has underperformed mostly over last two years after a strong start, but then again who hasn't? (apart from MacLeod). Everyone gets a clean slate under a proper manager and Law has been much improved this season, with more improvement still to come I think. It may be that his position in the team is up for grabs, but I really dont think Allan would have given us the consistency and quality required to play there.

It is his decision to sign for Celtic. If he didn't want to he wouldn't have. Hibs may have steered him but he is an adult and old enough to make his own decisions. It is his fault he is a Celtic player, hibs did not put a gun to his head.

But it's not his fault they were the only option for a move

But it's not his fault they were the only option for a move

He didnt have to move GS , not buying that for a second , he could have waited for 14 weeks and signed for anyone else if he wanted to

Only one offer was accepted

If the agent tells the interested team the player is not interested i doubt very much they would then put in a formal bid . A similar talk would have happened with celtic and obviously the agent has not given them the same response. The player decides his future nobody else, he has various options and has picked what he sees as the best route. You know my feelings on the player so no skin of my nose, plenty more fish in the sea as they say.

Edited by trublusince1982

His choices seemed to have been

1) Rotherham

2) Celtic, probably similar money to us (who knows) but signing right away

3) Us, but Hibs refused to sell to us. He could have waited until January for a pre contract during which time he could have picked up a bad injury...what then for him ?

He's a pro footballer first, fan second......Who can fault him for that !