Third Allan bid rejected

Really SBS, there is absolutely nothing to back that claim up. He supposedly had a good season last year, but didnt stand out (IMO) in any of the 7 games against the worst ever Rangers team. He failed in England, and nobody with any serious pedigree has been in for him this summer until now.

This story reminds me of the Scott Brown/Kevin Thomson saga that went on for months and we were nailed on to get both Hibbee Thomson and "Rangers-daft" Brown. We signed the gifted player first and told the thug we would be back in for him next window, but along came the scum with a huge wage and he sold his soul soon afterwards and seemingly has forgotten he supported us previously and was crying on the day he was told Hibs were not selling him to us due to fan pressure (sound familiar?)

As with Brown, the world will not cave in if a mediocre player cannot get leave to come to us when asked, and if Allan decides to just get out of dodge to the only club he is allowed to go to by his current employer, the famous celtic feeder club, then I for one will not be the slightest bit disappointed, and thankful that we did not give the rotten to the core club any of our hard-earned.

Failing in England might suggest he is not a top drawer player, but the Scottish leagues are filled with players who have failed in England. As I said previously, if he was good enough to be playing regularly at that level, he wouldn't be back here. I think he is a quality player (at SPL level), I would like to have signed him, but I agree it is not the end of the world.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

Perhaps worth noting as well, players stand out at diddy Scottish sides all the time, then fail miserably at the old firm. I think Allan's a class above the usual player who does that, but we will see. I think Warburton would have been much better for his development as well, though I know next to nothing about Celtic these days and haven't seen them play since we played them.

BBC saying he's having a medical there just now.

Very perplexing move for me. Winners are Hibs though.

Our aim is to win the league,at worse get promoted,and I'm confident we will do that regardless of who SA is playing for.

SSN also saying he is there for a medical

Edited by ian1964

Scott Allan will undergo a medical with Celtic on Friday after the club agreed a £275,000 fee for the Hibs midfielder.

Dylan McGeouch would move to Easter Road permanently as part of the deal, while fellow midfielder Liam Henderson would also join Hibernian on loan.

Allan, 23, was at Celtic's Lennoxtown training base on Thursday and the deal will be completed if all three players involved agree their respective moves.

Celtic boss Ronny Deila had earlier refused to comment on speculation.

Hibs head coach Alan Stubbs also declined to be drawn on the matter when asked on Thursday if Celtic had made an offer.

Rangers have had three bids for Allan rejected, with the Edinburgh side adamant they will not do business with a Championship rival.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/33905902

He'll be getting paid more than we could give him, he'll get a Premiership medal and European football.

It's a no-brainer for any pro footballer I'm afraid.

Short-sighted perhaps from Allan as I do think he'd develop into a better player under Warburton but nevertheless, footballers have short careers and it's a big gamble for him to wait until January for Rangers when a whole manner of things could've happened by then such as Warbs getting sacked, Allan getting a bad injury, he has a catastyrophic loss of form.

He needs to go to Celtc and there's nothing we can do about it and I honestly think if Warburton REALLY wanted him then he'd be here now. (maybe)

Edited by Chibmark