Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

This

@NewcoTed: The O'Halloran standoff is now a point of principle for the Rangers board. Why should Rangers be treated differently from any other club?

How are we being treated differently ?

Our board aren't stupid. They know St Johnstone are unable to turn down a fee for a players who's got just 18months left on his contract & won't sign a new one.

What St Johnstone are trying to do is entice other bidders to get more money i.e. start an auction. It doesn't look like there are any other bidders though.

It's not unlike the Scott Allan stuff at the start of the season. He had to go & Hibz eventually got £250k after Stubz told everyone Allan was a £1m player.

@NewcoTed: @Paul_brennan18 There is a standoff, trust me

@Paul_brennan18: @NewcoTed so st Johnstone have changed the terms or are Rangers Refusing to meet them ?

@NewcoTed: @Paul_brennan18 It all comes back to wanting the money upfront. They feel they can't bend on it because every club will want the same.

the best way of answering St J would be to sign another target and leave them holding an unsettled player coming towards the end of his contract. They seem desperate why else would they continue running to the media every other day trying to force our hand

why would we sign a player we don't want?

How are we being treated differently ?

Our board aren't stupid. They know St Johnstone are unable to turn down a fee for a players who's got just 18months left on his contract & won't sign a new one.

What St Johnstone are trying to do is entice other bidders to get more money i.e. start an auction. It doesn't look like there are any other bidders though.

It's not unlike the Scott Allan stuff at the start of the season. He had to go & Hibz eventually got £250k after Stubz told everyone Allan was a £1m player.

Could it be that St Johnstone sell players normally with payment instalments ? Could that be why we are being treated differently ? I don't know, genuine question.

Allan's situation is a red herring IMHO. Hibs were never selling him to us. I don't think it is a comparable situation.

@NewcoTed: @Paul_brennan18 There is a standoff, trust me

@Paul_brennan18: @NewcoTed so st Johnstone have changed the terms or are Rangers Refusing to meet them ?

@NewcoTed: @Paul_brennan18 It all comes back to wanting the money upfront. They feel they can't bend on it because every club will want the same.

If this truly is the case then we'll get him in the final hour of the window if no other club come in for him. Both clubs waiting to see who blinks first.

Could it be that St Johnstone sell players normally with payment instalments ? Could that be why we are being treated differently ? I don't know, genuine question.

Allan's situation is a red herring IMHO. Hibs were never selling him to us. I don't think it is a comparable situation.

Hibs would have been nuts to sell him to us. The did exactly the right thing.