Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

Rangers snap up Wolves youngster

JS78983592.jpg

Rangers have added Wolves winger Mekhi Leakock-McLeod on a short-tem loan deal.

McLeod, is expected to join the Ibrox side’s Under-20 squad.

The youngster is a big fan of Nigerian legend Jay Jay Okocha, so Murray Park can expect a few tricks or two.

McLeod had a trial with the Ibrox club last month, and is believed to have impressed the Rangers coaching staff.

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/record-sport-online-transfer-centre-7253560#EiJYQ8T8KIJWCcTI.99

Why would we sign someone h´who has not impressed? Or if he has not impressed the coaching staff, who signed him for us and why? Sometimes you do wonder what goes through these journos' minds - apart from hot air.

Sidenote, we'd obviously like to see official confirmation from the club, it looks like he will be here to prove himself. Transfermarkt says he's got a contract till summer 16 at Wolves.

Some Diagouraga aftermath rubbish from the Daily Record. Do note the headline and what McAllister actually says:

Rangers will regret missing out on Toumani Diagouraga.. he's a future star, says Garry McAllister

LEEDS beat Rangers to the signing of the French midfielder this week and McAllister reckons the Yorkshiremen have got themselves a top player.

GARY McALLISTER believes Rangers have lost out on a potential superstar in Toumani Diagouraga.

But the former Scotland skipper is delighted the midfielder has signed for his old club Leeds.

The French powerhouse, 28, this week penned a two-year deal at Elland Road after completing a £600,000 move from Brentford.

He was a priority target for Rangers but the Ibrox club’s bid was rejected.

And McAllister is convinced Mark Warburton’s loss will be Steve Evans’s gain as Leeds eye a return to the big time under controversial Italian owner Massimo Cellino.

McAllister, who led the Yorkshire outfit to title glory in 1992, said: “Leeds signing Diagouraga tells you the guy is rated.

“He’s a talented player and Leeds have been re-energised with some new investment.

“I live in Leeds so I want the to club improve. I was happy to see them get Diagouraga as he’s a top player. If Rangers were in the Premiership – and it looks like they will be back there next season – would it have influenced his decision?

“You don’t know. Leeds are a big club and have the same ambitions to get back to their top division.

“Diagouraga is exactly the type of player they need.

“Rangers and Leeds have both been battered by ill-management. Cellino is very emotional and wants to get Leeds back up.

“He’s talked the talk and now a few players are starting to arrive. Leeds had been interested in Diagouraga a long time.

“Am I surprised Rangers didn’t try and move the deal along quicker? Maybe yes.

“Leeds boss Steve Evans says Diagouraga reminds him of Partick Vieira. There are similarities, maybe he’s not quite as good as Vieira.

“He’s energetic, covers ground and is destructive but can play as well.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/rangers-regret-missing-out-toumani-7253366

Sidenote: this was the transfer of a (sorry) French journeyman midfielder from an English Championship club to another English Championship club. It remains very much open if he ever comes close to anything Viera-like ...

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/record-sport-online-transfer-centre-7253560#EiJYQ8T8KIJWCcTI.99

Why would we sign someone h´who has not impressed? Or if he has not impressed the coaching staff, who signed him for us and why? Sometimes you do wonder what goes through these journos' minds - apart from hot air.

Sidenote, we'd obviously like to see official confirmation from the club, it looks like he will be here to prove himself. Transfermarkt says he's got a contract till summer 16 at Wolves.

they are saying it because warburton doesn't want him for the first team but Mullholland thinks he has what it takes so has brought him in on a short term loan for the youths to prove his worth, in their opinion. Guess we will find out the truth if he gets a game for the first team before his deal is up

Rangers will regret missing out on Toumani Diagouraga.. he's a future star, says Garry McAllister

LEEDS beat Rangers to the signing of the French midfielder this week and McAllister reckons the Yorkshiremen have got themselves a top player.

GARY McALLISTER believes Rangers have lost out on a potential superstar in Toumani Diagouraga.

But the former Scotland skipper is delighted the midfielder has signed for his old club Leeds.

The French powerhouse, 28, this week penned a two-year deal at Elland Road after completing a £600,000 move from Brentford.

He was a priority target for Rangers but the Ibrox club’s bid was rejected.

And McAllister is convinced Mark Warburton’s loss will be Steve Evans’s gain as Leeds eye a return to the big time under controversial Italian owner Massimo Cellino.

McAllister, who led the Yorkshire outfit to title glory in 1992, said: “Leeds signing Diagouraga tells you the guy is rated.

“He’s a talented player and Leeds have been re-energised with some new investment.

“I live in Leeds so I want the to club improve. I was happy to see them get Diagouraga as he’s a top player. If Rangers were in the Premiership – and it looks like they will be back there next season – would it have influenced his decision?

“You don’t know. Leeds are a big club and have the same ambitions to get back to their top division.

“Diagouraga is exactly the type of player they need.

“Rangers and Leeds have both been battered by ill-management. Cellino is very emotional and wants to get Leeds back up.

“He’s talked the talk and now a few players are starting to arrive. Leeds had been interested in Diagouraga a long time.

“Am I surprised Rangers didn’t try and move the deal along quicker? Maybe yes.

“Leeds boss Steve Evans says Diagouraga reminds him of Partick Vieira. There are similarities, maybe he’s not quite as good as Vieira.

“He’s energetic, covers ground and is destructive but can play as well.”

http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/f...oumani-7253366

A future Superstar?

28 this week? Then Wikipedia have it wrong.

Toumani Diagouraga (born 10 June 1987) is a French professional footballer who plays as a defensive midfielder for Leeds United.

That makes him nearer his 29th birthday as his 28th. I think if he was a future superstar he would have been signed by higher clubs than Leeds.

Evans obviously did watch the Friday Brentford game on television which was supposed to be his last before coming to us.The guy looked cumbersome and static totally different from Evans assessment,no way near in any comparable to Vierra a class player.

its depressing to see a Chinese side able to afford £25m for Ramieries and beat clubs like psg and bayern to his signature but we cant get £400k transfer's over the line. How things have changed. Cant wait until we are back at full throttle with all this far behind us

Even if we are back at full throttle, what does suggest to you that we can compete with the English? Or some Chinese, French, Russian or English teams who are sponsored by billionaires? The team relegated from the EPL this season will still recive some 90m in "price money". And probably another 30m parachute cash. From the Sky deal alone. That is why the likes of Middlesbrough are able to hand 9m to whomever McCormack played before (or still plays). We will not be able to do such business even if we successfully survive the group stages of the CL. And McCormack isn't exactly a quality player, IMHO.

I'm not sure what people expect to happen, but I for one do not see us spending even 5m during these next three transfer windows. And I wouldnt even hold it against King and Co. either. I'd be delighted if we will spend that much or even more, of course.

Even if we are back at full throttle, what does suggest to you that we can compete with the English? Or some Chinese, French, Russian or English teams who are sponsored by billionaires? The team relegated from the EPL this season will still recive some 90m in "price money". And probably another 30m parachute cash. From the Sky deal alone. That is why the likes of Middlesbrough are able to hand 9m to whomever McCormack played before (or still plays). We will not be able to do such business even if we successfully survive the group stages of the CL. And McCormack isn't exactly a quality player, IMHO.

I'm not sure what people expect to happen, but I for one do not see us spending even 5m during these next three transfer windows. And I wouldnt even hold it against King and Co. either. I'd be delighted if we will spend that much or even more, of course.

where do I say compete with the type of clubs you mention? Where do I mention 3 years?

If your going to quote a post and question it trying reading it first.

All I said was its depressing to watch leagues like the chinese be able to do what we cant and I look forward to the day we can spend more than £400k on a player. If you cant think of a day where we will be better off than now I pity you