Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

Could it be that St Johnstone sell players normally with payment instalments ? Could that be why we are being treated differently ? I don't know, genuine question.

Allan's situation is a red herring IMHO. Hibs were never selling him to us. I don't think it is a comparable situation.

Allan's situation was identical. He had to go only hibz didn't want to sell to us. They were rescued when their chums bought him from them despite accepting a fee far less than what Stubz said he was worth.

Had they not done so they'd have had to negotiate with us no matter how much they didn't want to as a fee was involved which they wouldn't be able to turn down.

Hibs would have been nuts to sell him to us. The did exactly the right thing.

You mean like the Yahoos snatching the prime assets of the Arabs last January, or like it happened umpteen times before with them and us and some Scottish based players? I sure know what you refer too, but they and their ex-Yahoo manager went out of their way to thwart us here (since, for once they could). Their history sure shows that they had no qualms offloading players to Falkirk et al, or snatching the best from fellow Championship teams. Who are obviously nuts to let their players depart ...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hibernian-fc/transfers/verein/903/saison_id/2014

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hibernian-fc/transfers/verein/903/plus/0?saison_id=2015&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

You mean like the Yahoos snatching the prime assets of the Arabs last January, or like it happened umpteen times before with them and us and some Scottish based players? I sure know what you refer too, but they and their ex-Yahoo manager went out of their way to thwart us here (since, for once they could). Their history sure shows that they had no qualms offloading players to Falkirk et al, or snatching the best from fellow Championship teams. Who are obviously nuts to let their players depart ...

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hibernian-fc/transfers/verein/903/saison_id/2014

http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/hibernian-fc/transfers/verein/903/plus/0?saison_id=2015&pos=&detailpos=&w_s=

Re.Allan

Hibs did what was in their best interests, period.

They went out of their way to "thwart" their main Championship rivals,.....which is what you would expect.

To appreciate who appeared to get the best out of the overall deal you would need to look at the three seperate deals between Hibs and Celtic that also involved Henderson and McGeough.

Hibs would have been nuts to sell him to us. The did exactly the right thing.

Don't disagree, they would have been strengthening us and weakening a rival for the title. They did do the right thing, although I suspect that the player himself made an error....

what's your take on us letting McGregor go to Hibs. I thought he was one of our better players last season. Think he scored for them recently

IIRC we released McGregor and he subsequently joined Hibs.

ie. If a club are going to release player they have no say as to what he does.

Keevins was hinting Wright would walk if O'Haleran wasn't in his team this Saturday. maybe there will be a deal after this game. Richard Wilson reckoned both clubs evaluation of the player was the same and the hold up was "details" to be agreed.

Keevins was hinting Wright would walk if O'Haleran wasn't in his team this Saturday. maybe there will be a deal after this game. Richard Wilson reckoned both clubs evaluation of the player was the same and the hold up was "details" to be agreed.

Usual nonsense from Keevins.

O'Halloran is not staying with St Johnstone because a fee is involved & St Johnstone have to accept that fee regardless if it is from us or someone else.

It was the same with Allan at hibz when a fee was involved he was going and hibz made sure he wasn't going to us. Their pals duly helped them out although the player(not being the brightest I wouldnt think) must wonder if he made a wise move.

The days when clubs like St Johnstone & hibz could turn down six figure bids for their players are well in the past

Edited by RANGERRAB

what's your take on us letting McGregor go to Hibs. I thought he was one of our better players last season. Think he scored for them recently

As T4C says, we released McGregor, which is a far cry from "letting him go to Hibs".

He didn't fit in with Warburton's philosophy. Did I agree with it at the time ? Nope, as I thought McGregor was our best defensive performer last season... but his style of play (not the best footballer....) didn't suit what MW wanted so best to let him go if he doesn't fit what you want.