Transfer Deadline Day: Michael O'Halloran signs until 2020

Lifted from FF:

"No deal for Tarik Fagrach due to compensation?

Spoke to the director of his youth academy DFAH Holland. Asked him what the story was and according to him Feyenoord and Rangers couldnt agree a fee.

They have just agreed a deal with Lazio for one of their other boys Amine Enalli.

Asked him was he not on a free as was reported in the media and he said that wasnt true and hes went back to Feyenoord.

He said that he left feyenoord and they did not sack him meaning they are entitled to training fees which the two clubs couldnt agree on.

Said its a shame because hes an outstanding young player and wanted the move himself."

In answer to further questioning the poster said we were keen on the player and the fee asked "wasn't a huge amount". Of course what is not huge in one club's eyes may be so in another's.

Note.

Post was from a trialist joined in 2015 opposed to someone with a track record on FF.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was generally said he was decent but it was also very clear that he had been 'trouble' and that was why the Dutch club wanted rid.

Taking a gamble on a player like that might well have meant that 'length of contract' was a potential sticking point.

eg. That the player/agent wanted a 2 year deal whilst Rangers wanted to give him a 6 month trial with an option of a longer deal if he can not only show ability but can behave and get on with team-mates.

Given his behavioural problems Rangers may have saw more risk than value in paying X amount over a certain length of contract.

Over the years these type of kids with "outstanding ability" that get let go by other teams rarely come through.

Glad that he hasn't been signed as I wouldn't want to risk 'big-headed troublemakers' into the group.

Edited by buster.

Is that not the way exciting leagues are supposed to be. Ask many what league brought the most pleasure and I am sure many will say Helicopter Sunday.

It's one of those paradoxical things, winning on the last day is certainly more exiting - but I'll always prefer the anticlimatic early wrapping up of the league.

It's one of those paradoxical things, winning on the last day is certainly more exiting - but I'll always prefer the anticlimatic early wrapping up of the league.

Give me a last day any time.

2-0 v Aberdeen, 6-1 v Dunfermline, Helicopter Sunday, Going 3 up v Killie after 7 minutes are unforgettable days and still give me a warm feeling. They are much more memorable than most other league wins that I've experienced (other than 87 in Aberdeen) including NIAR.

Give me a last day any time.

2-0 v Aberdeen, 6-1 v Dunfermline, Helicopter Sunday, Going 3 up v Killie after 7 minutes are unforgettable days and still give me a warm feeling. They are much more memorable than most other league wins that I've experienced (other than 87 in Aberdeen) including NIAR.

Looking back these days are brilliant and we tend to do well out of them in modern terms at least.

Not sure my ageing ticker will cope with many more though. :whistle:

This

@NewcoTed: The O'Halloran standoff is now a point of principle for the Rangers board. Why should Rangers be treated differently from any other club?

If this is the case it's becoming obvious we can't do deals in Scotland it'll have to be out of contract players only.